Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tax Refund Form 2017/5/4 14:54
Hello, just want to know if any one has encountered the same issue. I have forgotten to return the tax refund receipts to the customs at the airport. Will I encounter any problems the next time I visit Japan. The tax refund receipts are stapled on my passport. What should I do?
by Spring (guest)  

Re: Tax Refund Form 2017/5/4 20:35
You shouldn't worry, it should be stapled to your passport, if custom didn't take it/forget to take it, it's not your fault. i've been to Japan 3 times twice they haven't taken the slip, I had no problem.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Tax Refund Form 2017/5/4 20:41
Yes, no problems. They never take mine either.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Tax Refund Form 2017/5/4 20:50
I find it very surprising that customs neglected to take the receipts, more likely YOU neglected to visit the customs office as you were supposed to. (Reminder: customs immigration.)
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Tax Refund Form 2017/5/4 20:54
Nope, you're wrong.... I always visit the counter, which is located at the opposing wall from immigration at T2 in NRT. Before I even get to hand out my passport, they wave me on. Whether they believe I'm looking for immigration or not and they point me in the direction of immigration or they are lazy and don't want to bother, I don't know. All I know is that they never take those receipts from my passport and I have to remove them when I get home.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread