Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Does 1yo baby allowed to ride hakone ropeway? 2017/5/16 00:25
Couple & 1 yo baby would like to visit Fuji with below itinerary:
Shinjuku - JR to odawara - train to gora -cable car to shouzan - ropeway to togendai - bus to gotemba - bus to shinjuku.

My questions:
- Does 1yo baby allowed to ride hakone ropeway?
- i have JR pass & consider to buy hakone free pass, are all trips covered by HFP?
- is it sufficient time for us to do 1day tour only? What time should we go from shinjuku?

Many thanks for your help
by Eva (guest)  

Re: Does 1yo baby allowed to ride hakone ropeway? 2017/5/17 03:48
- Does 1yo baby allowed to ride hakone ropeway?
::YES

- i have JR pass & consider to buy hakone free pass, are all trips covered by HFP?
::Hakone Free Pass covers, Hakone-Yumoto sta - Gora(by Hakone Tozan rail), ropeway and cable car. It doesn't cover but to Gotemba and Shinjuku.

- is it sufficient time for us to do 1day tour only? What time should we go from shinjuku?
::You can visit there for one day trip. It depends on you itinerary, it takes about 130 mins between Shinjuku and Hakone by bus or train.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: your Hakone trip 2017/5/17 16:41
A baby accompanied by a parent basically can ride the Hakone Ropeway.

In the area around the Owakudani crater, some volcanic gas is still observed; please judge carefully whether it would be safe to take your baby there.
- Important notice from Hakone Ropeway
http://www.hakoneropeway.co.jp/foreign/en/info_img/4_pdf.pdf

You need to change gondolas at Owakudani Station on the ropeway; there is no service to connect directly Sounzan and Togendai.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread