Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Alternative afternoon (outdoors) at Osaka? 2017/5/17 07:28
I'm planning to spend a whole day exploring some of the main highlights of Osaka (Shinsekai, Osaka Castle, Denden Town, Kuromon Market, Namba, Shinsaibashi, Amerikamura, Dotonbori...) but the day after that I'll be returning from Nara quite early and I'm not sure about what to do from 5pm to 9pm.

I wouldn't want to spend that time shopping or stuck inside an aquarium/spa/arcade and the Umeda
area doesn't appeal to me at all, so I was wondering: Are there any other interesting places to spend a quiet afternoon on the city?
by First-timer (guest)  

Re: Alternative afternoon (outdoors) at Osaka? 2017/5/17 10:53
It's a pity you don't want the visit Umeda as the Umeda Sky Building has a very nice night view of Osaka.

Anyway, how about Sumiyoshi Taisha? http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4007.html
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Alternative afternoon (outdoors) at Osaka? 2017/5/17 13:23
I like wandering around Chayamachi and neighboring Nakazaki. (Although your list of places you're visiting on the previous day is so long that you might not get to all of it.)

Or you can take the train a bit north of Osaka city and visit Usayu rabbit cafe: http://animalcafes.com/v/25530.html
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Alternative afternoon (outdoors) at Osaka? 2017/5/18 06:31
I had considered Sumiyoshi Taisha as an option but as I stated before, It will be 5pm by the time I return from Nara, so the temple should be closed at that time, according to the Japan Guide information.

Umeda looks like a maze of skyscrapers surrounded by roads. I'm sure that the Umeda Sky Building is fantastic but the nearby area looks just 'meh' to me. On the other hand, Chayamachi and Nakazaki might be exactly the kind of place I was looking for: small, tranquil, with lots of pedestrian zones... I really like what I see on the random pictures I've come across.

Unless I decide that I want to spend extra time in any of the other places I mentioned (I'll be exploring Osaka for at least 12 hours the previous day, though) I think I'll head for those two. Thanks a lot!
by First-timer (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread