Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinbashi: Better at night or during the day? 2017/5/19 17:13
For my last day in Japan (November 27th, Monday) I intend to visit Hamarikyu Gardens, Odaiba and Shinbashi, but I'm not sure if I should visit Shinbashi in the early morning (in order to kill some time before the gardens are open) or after returning from Odaiba so I can have a relaxing stroll followed by a dinner.

I get the feeling that Shinbashi gets really lively at night, but it also seems to be quite charming in the morning and given the fact that my trip to Odaiba will finish at the Oedo Onsen Monogatari, perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to stay there for dinner and go right back to the hotel to get some sleep after all that soothing bathing.

Either option sounds good to me but I'd really appreciate some opinions on this.
by First-timer (guest)  

Re: Shinbashi: Better at night or during the day? 2017/5/20 15:18
Shinbashi does get lively in the evening and I enjoy visiting a few restaurants in there around the station and rub elbows with the salarymen in the izakaya restaurants while having some food and beers. Otherwise there is little for me to see or do in Shinbashi during the daytime.

But if you go to Odaiba Koen for the view of the Rainbow Bridge, I would also recommend to do that in the evening. And the place is packed with pokemon hunters these days :-)
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinbashi: Better at night or during the day? 2017/5/20 19:02
If that's the case I might head directly to Hamarikyu and spend a couple of hours there (9:00-1100) before going to Odaiba (11:30) and leave for Shinbashi in the late afternoon (17:00-18:00). Thank you!
by First-timer (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinbashi: Better at night or during the day? 2017/5/20 19:13
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Shinbashi: Better at night or during the day? 2017/5/23 04:06
Shinbashi is one of the most famous business district in Tokyo.
Therefore, if you go there in the early morning, probably you will see lots of office workers who go to their workplace.
Thatfs why I recommend you to visit in the evening there.
As you said, evening is lively time because nearby Shinbashi sta. are many izakaya style restaurants.
They serve beer and some dishes at a reasonable price, so they sometimes called "senbero". (meaning: you can enjoy eating and drinking only 1,000 jpy.)
In adittion, maybe you can see labors looks sooo lively! :-)

I wish you a nice trip!
by umeaka rate this post as useful

reply to this thread