Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Concerned? Toxins found Tsukiji fish market 2017/5/27 03:49
As someone who has been to Japan many times I have to admit the news did concern me. They clam some of the toxins were present due to a factory that was previously on the site. I find it odd that they only tested the soil now - some decades later.

Five types of substances - hexavalent chromium, arsenic, mercury, lead, and fluorine - at up to 4.3 times safety standards were found, according to the Tokyo government.
by xpc (guest)  

Re: concerned? toxins found Tsukiji fish market 2017/5/27 11:13
Are you referencing the new site that has never be used?
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: concerned? toxins found Tsukiji fish market 2017/5/27 11:22
Okay. Recent tests using drills down 50cm in 110 locations detected these issues within the soil.

Considering the whole area is covered with asphalt. And no issues have arrisen before. I'm doubtful of a high need of concern.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: concerned? toxins found Tsukiji fish market 2017/5/27 11:33
gThe concentrations revealed by this survey will not damage human health from a scientific standpoint,h said Kohei Urano, a professor emeritus of environmental safety at Yokohama National University:
http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201705260038.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread