Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is this place in Osaka safe? 2017/6/6 07:58
Hello,

I have a question. I will be visiting Japan with my friends soon and we have been discussing some hotel options.
My friend suggested among other things one place in south of Osaka which I'm not sure is really safe.
The hotel is called Fujiya. This is the adress:
Japan, §542-0083 Ōsaka-fu, Ōsaka-shi, Chūō-ku, Higashishinsaibashi, 2 Chome|‚Q|‚Q|2
http://www.osakafujiya.jp/sp/ and this is their website.
I would provide Google maps but I can't do it here so if anyone can do the sneak peak in the map and tell me if it's safe or not?

Thanks
by A girl from Peninsula  

Re: Is this place in Osaka safe? 2017/6/6 10:23
That area is totally fine, just a couple of blocks from Dotonbori. I would have no worries about staying there.
by mm (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is this place in Osaka safe? 2017/6/6 10:40
Going by Google Maps, it looks pretty safe to me, it's about 4 blocks over from the main shopping street between Namba and Shinsaibashi. I haven't stayed here before, but I think I stayed at a hotel along that same street before because I am 99% sure I've been to that PO further up the block. It was in '09 so I can't remember what the hotel was called and it might not still be around.

The Fujiya chain is a relatively well known chain. I stayed at two of their hotels in Hakone last June. I think the only complaint I would have is I found the mattresses very hard in their hotel rooms
by rkold (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is this place in Osaka safe? 2017/6/6 16:31
I'm mostly asking because I went through this forum and saw some neighbourhoods to avoid in Osaka and all of them seemed very close to this location in Osaka, Miami. Shinimamiya seems rather close and few others people told me to avoid.
by A girl from Peninsula rate this post as useful

Re: Is this place in Osaka safe? 2017/6/6 22:26
No, that hotel would be considered Namba/Shinsaibashi which is generally considered a safe and fun area to stay. I believe the only areas that are considered "unsafe" are specifically Shin-Imamiya and possibly some of Dobutsuen-mae. However, I've been to Dobutsuen-mae at night to go to Spa World and it's really not that bad. I sometimes think what Japanese consider rough is not the same as people from the US. I've not been to Shin-Imamiya, but it's a small very specific area just the few blocks surrounding that train station and nothing else. I know Tennoji is a really big up and coming area and there are lots of new fancy hotels and restaurants there.

It's a bit away from the main shopping street, but it's a nice area from what I remember with lots of restaurants. It' s a bit quiet compared to deeper in Namba/Shinsaibashi.
by rkold rate this post as useful

reply to this thread