Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan Travel - 22 Days 2017/6/9 16:10
Hi All,
I am visting japan for 22 days (28 Sep till 20 Oct) with my wife & my son (3 years). I just need some help and expert advice to ensure that I can make an effective use of 14 days JR pass that I am looking to purchase. Below is what I have planned:
City
28-Sep Tokyo
29-Sep Tokyo
30-Sep Tokyo
1-Oct Tokyo
2-Oct Mt Fuji
3-Oct Mt Fuji
4-Oct Takayama
5-Oct Takayama
6-Oct Kanazawa
7-Oct Kanazawa
8-Oct Kyoto
9-Oct Kyoto
10-Oct Kyoto
11-Oct Kyoto
12-Oct Hiroshima
13-Oct Fukuoka
14-Oct Osaka
15-Oct Osaka
16-Oct Osaka
17-Oct Osaka
18-Oct Tokyo
19-Oct Tokyo
Can anyone suggest me is it worth spending 2 nights each in Takayama & Kanazawa. Or shall I consider the day trips?

Similarly for Hiroshima & Fukuoka as its gonna be too much of hassle checkin & cheking out?
Has anyone has any suggestions to avoid that and stay at the central place.

by Ankit84  

Re: Japan Travel - 22 Days 2017/6/9 17:23
I would put Takayama 1 night and Kanazawa 2.
Honestly I would have spent even a third night in Kanazawa if it had been possible to see the things I wanted.
Takayama we were able to see a little bit on the day we arrived (Hida Folk Village) and then the rest on the next day before taking the train to Kanazawa.

I wouldn't go to Fukoka for one night only, unless there is some spesific reason. I would just spend that time seeing Hiroshima and Mijayima.
by I would... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Travel - 22 Days 2017/6/9 18:36
Oh sorry, I didn't answer about the day trip. Yes, you could do a daytrip to Hiroshima from Osaka. Fukuoka for me would be too far for a day trip and for one night also.

I wouldn't do day trips to Kanazawa and Takayama though. If you don't like to rush, Takayama is very nice, you will easily spend two nights there and just taking it a bit easy between city visits :)
by I would (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Travel - 22 Days 2017/6/13 10:41
Thank you both.

Yes I have taken Fukoako completely out. Below is my ammended itenary:
Tokyo – Sep 28, 29, 30, Oct 01

Hakone – Oct 02, 03

Takayama – Oct 04, 05

Kanazawa – Oct 06, 07

Kyoto – Oct 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13

Hiroshima – Oct 14, 15

Osaka – Oct 16, 17, 18, 19

Tokyo – Oct 20, 21

I have got 6 nights in Kyoto. Is it too much?
by Ankit84 rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Travel - 22 Days 2017/6/13 13:48
Hi. We've been to Kyoto several times and dont get bored of it, although over the past few years it has gotten very crowded and places like Kiyomizudera are a bit of a zoo. Personally I would think 4 nights in Kyoto would be plenty, and I would recommend a night or two in Nara. Nara is very pretty and a great place to relax for a few days, especially if you are staying overnight because it is peaceful in the mornings. We usually treat ourselves to the Nara Hotel, old section.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread