Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Pass good for Tokyo to Zao Fox Villiage? 2017/6/15 15:14
I am taking a trip to Tokyo in July of 2017. I will be spending three days in Tokyo touring various locations within the city, mostly traveling by train. On the fourth day I plan to take a high speed train to the area near the Zao Fox Village (I understand I will need to take a cab from the train station to the actual village). On the fifth day I will take the high speed train back to Tokyo to catch my flight home.

Will the Japan Rail Pass cover my train travel needs for this itinerary? If so, how do I go about reserving tickets for my trip to the Zao Fox Village? If not, what would be the best way to obtain tickets for the high speed train?

I understand some of this information has been raised in previous posts but they were at least two years old so I wanted to get up to date info. Thanks!
by Andy (guest)  

Re: JR Pass good for Tokyo to Zao Fox Villiage? 2017/6/15 16:44
No, it wont pay for itself.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass good for Tokyo to Zao Fox Villiage? 2017/6/15 17:06
A JR East Pass will, however, if you add the trips to/from airports.
by Firas (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass good for Tokyo to Zao Fox Villiage? 2017/6/15 19:36
By the way, not sure that a 7-day nationwide pass wouldn't pay off; adding trips in Tokyo and to/from airports, it very well could (especially if the airport is Narita, sadly another question missing information...).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass good for Tokyo to Zao Fox Villiage? 2017/6/16 09:25
Get the Tokyo Wide pass for 20,000yen and that covers the return trip to SHIROISHIZAO which is the closest shinkansen stop. Any other travel like to/from the airport will also be covered.
by JapanCustomTours (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass good for Tokyo to Zao Fox Villiage? 2017/6/16 10:29
It's the JR East Pass you are talking about.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass good for Tokyo to Zao Fox Villiage? 2017/6/17 06:46
Sorry, yes - JR East pass, not the Tokyo Wide pass - I was looking at both, but did not correct the first part of the post (the lack of an edit function strikes again).
by JapanCustomTours (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread