Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What are the Best Places to visit in Japan? 2017/6/21 13:04
We are planning to go to Japan for a visit on December this year. We have never been there, so I would like to ask for your recommendations.
by YanaWelch  

Re: What are the Best Places to visit in Japan? 2017/6/21 14:07
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e623a.html

Start clicking links and reading
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What are the Best Places to visit in Japan? 2017/6/21 14:29
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2273.html

As for the weather, Tokyo is the best followed by Osaka (less rainy days and more sunny days) in winter. There tend to be less cloud around Mt. Fuji so that your chance to see it is rather good.

No I am not kidding, the main route (Tokyo Fuji Kyoto Osaka) is very nice in winter.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: What are the Best Places to visit in Japan? 2017/6/21 14:30
Further, if it is early December you may be able to see some autumn foliage in Kyoto in a relatively less crowds.

Re: What are the Best Places to visit in Japan? 2017/6/21 14:31
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2273.html

As for the weather, Tokyo is the best followed by Osaka (less rainy days and more sunny days) in winter. There tend to be less cloud around Mt. Fuji so that your chance to see it is rather good.

No I am not kidding, the main route (Tokyo Fuji Kyoto Osaka) is very nice in winter.

Re: What are the Best Places to visit in Japan? 2017/6/21 15:00
This is a big question. :)
If this is your first time, you will need to stick to the golden route as mentioned above.
by lnkhang rate this post as useful

Re: What are the Best Places to visit in Japan? 2017/6/21 18:34
Completely depends what you like. Many "standard" routes/schedules suit most people, but not everyone.

From the beginning: what is your motivation to visit Japan?

Start with that - you must have some clue. "Because it's there" isn't a good answer. Some people do want to see temples/shrines/scenery, others come for sports, or some other special experience they can only get in Japan.
by JapanCustomTours (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What are the Best Places to visit in Japan? 2017/6/21 20:05
Do let us know your intentions, early or late december, your interest and how many days.

I've been to Japan 3rd times, December 6 for 11 Days will be my 4th time, for me it's shopping, onsen and nature, especially Aquariums, and I always self drive rental car for 1-2 Days side trip for onsens out of central Tokyo.
by kms899 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What are the Best Places to visit in Japan? 2017/6/22 06:34
If you don't know where you want to go, why are you going to Japan
by Winter Visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What are the Best Places to visit in Japan? 2017/6/22 10:02
We're planning to stay for 1 week there.
I haven't been to Japan that's why I'm interested in visiting. It would be nice if we'll able to visit historical places and famous tourist spots there.
I am hoping that we can maximize our time since we'll be staying for only a week.
by YanaWelch rate this post as useful

Re: What are the Best Places to visit in Japan? 2017/6/22 10:05
For the first time visit of one week, stick with the tried and true Tokyo and Kyoto.
by senkaikozo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What are the Best Places to visit in Japan? 2017/6/22 16:16
I second Tokyo and Kyoto.
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What are the Best Places to visit in Japan? 2017/6/23 10:30
I'll take your word for it:)
Also, I'll make sure that we'll be able to taste Japan's famous delicacies in Tokyo and Kyoto

Re: What are the Best Places to visit in Japan? 2017/6/27 12:28
Has anyone of you been to Nijo Castle?

Re: What are the Best Places to visit in Japan? 2017/7/5 11:56
Try also going to "The Village of Living Water- Harie". It is like you going back to 1500's

reply to this thread