Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Budget Paradise beach? 2017/6/22 05:58
Hi all,

I will be 11 days in Japan for the first time. I will be end July- beginning August. I would like to stay at least 1 week in Tokyo and would love to go 3 days before leaving the country to a paradisiac beach to relax and if possible do some snorkling. The question where to go is not easy if I also have a budget limitation.

Any recommendation not that far from Tokio that doesnt get dirty and crowed?

I have read that Okinawa is great, and flights from Tokyo to Naha are cheap. However it looks like that paradisiac picture i want to take is in other Okinawa island like Ishigaki, wich flights from Tokio aren't that cheap.

Please help!
Thanks!
by jackyloga  

Re: Budget Paradise beach? 2017/6/22 19:47
Not sure if the beaches are nice over at enoshima, but it's a popular spot for surf and beaches, very easy to get to from Tokyo for a 1 day side trip, even better if you can self drive.
by kms899 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Budget Paradise beach? 2017/6/22 21:00
Tokyo to Ishigaki can be done for about 10,000 yen with tourist discounts by ANA or JAL. If you can arrive at Osaka instead of Tokyo, Osaka to Ishigaki can be done for even less with LCC Peach.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Budget Paradise beach? 2017/6/23 00:42
Yes. In the summer season there are direct flights to Ishigaki.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Budget Paradise beach? 2017/6/23 01:49
Yes. In the summer season there are direct flights to Ishigaki.

There are direct flights year round.

Re: Budget Paradise beach? 2017/6/23 02:39
If there is such a place as "budget" and "paradise", it will soon be crowded and lose its budget paradise status in no time. You can avoid the crowd during off season, but the water temperature is cold.

by NST (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Budget Paradise beach? 2017/6/23 04:27
Not so sure about that, Firas.
There weren't any direct flights last Easter - we had to go via Naha.
by Winter Visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Budget Paradise beach? 2017/6/23 06:12
thank you al for the help!
by jackyloga rate this post as useful

Re: Budget Paradise beach? 2017/6/23 09:46
Not so sure about that, Firas.
There weren't any direct flights last Easter - we had to go via Naha.

Then you did something wrong, or maybe you were not flying from Tokyo (Fukuoka?).

Re: Budget Paradise beach? 2017/6/23 13:56
In my personal opinion, there aren't any beautiful beaches close to Tokyo. Kamakura and Zushi are nice as beaches and still relaxing in the normal beach sense.

If you want golden or white sandy beachs with palm trees etc. Then Kyushu and Okinawa are the places to go.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread