Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

30 days itinerary 14 day JR Pass 2017/7/6 09:22
Hello,

I will be travelling to Japan during the month of August (from the 1st to 30th) It is my third trip to Japan. I have been there twice before for a short period.

This time, I will be based in Tokyo as I am planning to volunteer at a hostel near Shinjuku and work for 2h a day in exchange of free accommodation.

I am considering to buy the JR pass for 14 days in which I will have 4 and 6 consecutive days off, and of course plenty of time after finishing my duty at the hostel.

I though maybe I can travel the surroundings of Tokyo without the JR PASS and travel to the furthest regions and cities during the 14 days period in which I will be possessing the PASS.

My question is what are the best places to visit in order to cover all the regions of Japan and how should I do that ? also what cities I can go to by shinkansen for day trip? and what itinerary is most suitable for consecutive days off?

Thank you in advance.
by Ben (guest)  

Re: 30 days itinerary 14 day JR Pass 2017/7/6 16:29
I would start with a map. Also view the JR East and JR West website for there maps and tourist suggestions regards traveling on the Shinkansens.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 30 days itinerary 14 day JR Pass 2017/7/6 20:59
I think what you are attempting to do, work for your accommodation, is not legal.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: 30 days itinerary 14 day JR Pass 2017/7/6 23:18
I have a working visa. and I have lived in Japan for a while. :) Thanks for replying
by Ben (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 30 days itinerary 14 day JR Pass 2017/7/7 01:05
I apologize for not understanding your current situation. But now that you have a working visa, you cannot buy a JR Pass. Only persons on a Temporary Visitor Status may buy the exchange order. http://www.japanrailpass.net/en/about_jrp.html
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread