Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Chiisana as a business name? 2017/7/12 06:36
Aloha!
I live in Hawaii and am starting a farm/business growing and selling edible flowers, microgreens and quail eggs. I am thinking of naming my business Chiisana or Chiisana Hana because everything I grow is tiny.
As I don't know much Japanese I wanted to check that there wasn't any unexpected second meanings to these words or combination.
If you don'r know what microgreens are they are tiny greens - smaller than baby lettuce but grown in soil so larger than sprouts (and no seed attached).
Mahalo for your help!
by Jacqué (guest)  

Re: Chiisana as a business name? 2017/7/12 13:56
Words for relatively new concepts such as "microgreens" get transplanted into Japanese as they are, just written in phonetic katakana writing, マイクログリーン, (in romanized version: "maikuro guriin").

Nothing is wrong with "Chiisana Hana," it simply says "small flowers." (Note that it does not say "small plants.")

"Chiisana" does not go, as it only say "Small," so people might just wonder "Small what?"
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread