Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

By bus from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko 2017/7/18 05:23
We are the first time travel to Japan, your advise would be appreciated.
If we buy Fuji Hakone Pass Online in advance, our question are follows:
1. What's the bus name we will take from Shinjuku Highway Bus Terminal at Shinjuku station to Kawaguchiko station?
2. Do we need to check in the Bus counter at Shinjuku Highway Bus Terminal at Shinjuku station or waiting out side the parking Bus station?
3. Can we make reservation online?
Thanks again
by Miky34  

Re: By bus from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko 2017/7/18 11:08
1. I'm not sure if the buses have "names", there are multiple bus companies that utilize the Shinjuku Bus Terminal. Even for Kawaguchiko-bound buses, I think there are two (or more) bus companies that depart from Shinjuku Bus Terminal. When I took the bus without reservation, I just went with the next available departure bus.
2. You have to go inside the terminal building (3rd or 4th floor, I forgot which) to board all buses. Inside the Bus Terminal, there are (a) departure/arrival information monitors like in an airport, (b) information booth, (c) and ticket purchase counters. The information board or the sales clerk will tell you what departure time and which gate.

by keni kenny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: By bus from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko 2017/7/18 11:17
Fuji-Hakone Pass is a joint ticket of Odakyu, Fujikyu and Keio bus.
The bus between Shinjuku and Kawaguchiko runs Fujikyu and Keio, so either the bus will take you there in Kawaguchiko.
https://www.highwaybus.com/gp/inbound/inbTimeTbl?lineGroupNo=1&lineId=...

All highway buses must be reserved in advance.

I don't think you can make booking online for Fuji-Hakone Pass holders, this is because of the special ticket for international travelers.

I think you can only buy Fuji-Hakone Pass at Odakyu Sightseeing Service Center, Shinjuku.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: By bus from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko 2017/7/18 12:20
See this web site for Shinjuku Bus Terminal details:
http://shinjuku-busterminal.co.jp/en/
by Akio F (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: By bus from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko 2017/7/18 23:19
Thank You so much for the quick response to both of you. I am 74 years old this August and like I said: my wife
and is the first time travel to japan so we are worry too much of Old Couple! LOL!
BTW, we will arrive at Narita airport around 3.30 p.m. on November 6/ 2017 and take the train NEX to Shinjuku, hopefully check in the hotel around 7.00 p.m.? and our schedule will take the Bus in the next morning Nov. 7/2017. Do you think we have enough time to buy the Fuji Hakone Pass with make seat reservation?
One more favor before, we don't bore you again, here is our other questions:
1. We stay overnight in Kawaguchiko (Nov. 7) then Nov. 8 take the Bus to Hakone and stay two nights (Nov. 8/9) then Nov. 10 will take Bus/Bullet train to Kyoto and will stay ( Nov. 10/ Nov. 12) Nov. 13 we will take a train or bus to Osaka then Nov. 14 to Tokyo until Nov. 17.
Do we need to purchase a JR Pass or just buy Single tickets? Please advise.
Thanks Again
by Miky34 rate this post as useful

Re: By bus from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko 2017/7/19 08:28
I don't think many people will visit Kawaguchiko in November, you can easily reserve bus seats.
Odakyu Sightseeing Service Center opens 8:00 - 18:00(Mon-Sun) where you can buy Fuji-Hakone Pass and make reservation.
http://www.odakyu.jp/english/center/

JR Pass is worth 29,110 yen.
JR Odawara Station - JR Kyoto Station: 12,080 yen
JR Kyoto Station - JR Shin-Osaka Station: 1,420 yen
JR Shin-Osaka Station - JR Tokyo Station: 13,620 yen
Total: 27,120 yen

It depends on your itinerary and schedule.
You have no hassle especially in language if you buy a JR Pass.

You can use "Nozomi" between Kyoto - Shin-Osaka, and, Shin-Osaka - Tokyo if you buy Shinkansen day ticket.

If you buy a JR Pass, JR Odawara Station ticket office opens 5:45(-22:30) when exchange the voucher to JR Pass.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: By bus from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko 2017/7/19 23:17

To: Tokyo friend 48

So our schedule the JR pass is the better choice!
Thank you so much for your great Advise.
by Miky34 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread