Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Haneda to Akasaka-Mitsuke (after 00:00h) 2017/8/11 21:20
I have a late night landing at Haneda at 23:30, and have hotel in Akasaka-Mitsuke (near Bic Camera)

Since there is limited transport after midnight, I found only this solution with Keihin Kyuko Bus (http://hnd-bus.com/airport/route/nightmorningbus.html), but it is not going in this area.

My option is going or to Shimbashi st. or to Roppongi Hills (and then taking taxi to akasaka-mitsuke)? Which of the two is better?

Do you know better options for this trip?

Thanks!!! :)
by vebaev  

Re: Haneda to Akasaka-Mitsuke (after 00:00h) 2017/8/13 00:03
Well, google maps will reveal you that the distance between shinbashi and roppongi hills to akasaka mitsuke is approximately the same , so taxi fare should be similar. From the link you provided it looks like the two busses leave at different times, so I would suggest the one that leaves at a more convenient time for you and then take a taxi for the last 2-3 km.

You could obviously also take a taxi for the entire distance which means no waiting and will probably cost roughly 8000 yen.

Enjoy your travel to Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda to Akasaka-Mitsuke (after 00:00h) 2017/8/13 03:15
So taking taxi will be equally easy from both locations?
by vebaev rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda to Akasaka-Mitsuke (after 00:00h) 2017/8/13 03:31
I would think so.
I know Shinbashi better, because I work there and know there are taxis around after midnight. But Roppongi Hills is an equally busy area of Tokyo so I don't see why it should be hard to find a taxi there either.

Re: Haneda to Akasaka-Mitsuke (after 00:00h) 2017/8/13 04:06
Taxi rides from Roppongi Hills and from (JR) Shimbashi Station are about the same in distance, time and fare.
When your taxi runs smoothly, you can get to your hotel in about 10 minutes, at round 1100 yen.
After the midnight, however, it may be harder to catch a taxi.

Bus ride to Roppongi Hills: about 35 minutes, 2060 yen.
Bus ride to Shimbashi Sta.: about 70 minutes, 1400 yen.

HND (International) 00:50 -- 01:25 Roppongi Hills.
HND (International) 01:05 -- 02:15 (JR) Shimbashi Sta. (Ginza Ent.).
HND (International) 02:05 -- 03:15 (JR) Shimbashi Sta. (Ginza Ent.).
HND (International) 02:20 -- 02:55 Roppongi Hills.

Do you know better options for this trip?

It may be better to stay in or near the airport.
Personally I would not like to pay over 2000 yen for late-night bus plus taxi rides while a daytime railway cost is around 700 yen.

Many hotels in Japan are ready to accept cancelation free of charge when their guest applies for it two or more days prior to the check-in day.

Anyway, make sure to notify your hotel that you should arrive very late; if you donft appear by the midnight without notice, your reservation may be canceled and you may be required to pay a charge which is equivalent to the accommodation service fee for that night.
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda to Akasaka-Mitsuke (after 00:00h) 2017/8/13 05:36
Haneda Int Airport(by Keikyu Bus, 1,400 Yen) - Shimbashi sta(Taxi, 1400-1500 Yen) - Akasaka-mitsuke sta = 80-90 mins

Haneda Int Airport(by Keikyu Bus or Tokyu Bus, 2,060 Yen) - Roppongi Hills(Taxi, 1300 - 1400 Yen) - Askasaka-mitsuke sta = 40 mins
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda to Akasaka-Mitsuke (after 00:00h) 2017/8/13 09:41
Sometimes international flights land early and if you only have carry on luggage and a bit of luck you can be within 15 min of arrival at the train station in Haneda. So I'd suggest that you just bring as a backup information on the last trains into town ( unless you decide to change your hotel and stay the first night in Haneda). Train is cheaper and quicker than bus and would at least bring you to a place like Hamamatsucho or if you take Keikyu line and Yamanote line to Shinbashi from where to take a taxi.

I am not saying that you will be able to take the last train, but you might be just marginally be able. So don't exclude it.

Re: Haneda to Akasaka-Mitsuke (after 00:00h) 2017/8/13 20:35
Like some have said, inform the hotel that you will arrive late and approximate time, without informing the hotel, your reservation will just get cancelled and you will have to pay for the reservation. If you can make it for the last train, you are all fine, but going with the other options cost too much, I prefer you to cancel the hotel and make a reservation for a hotel like the first cabin terminal 1 in the airport for 5000 yen or 6000 yen (business class or first class) or stay in the airport, other choice is stay at the Heiwajima spa for 3500 Yen with food, free breakfast, onsen and rest, Heiwajima spa has free transport from Haneda at a few set times.

plans and reservation

http://heiwajima-onsen.resv.jp/en/reserve/res_plan_list.php?kind=sub_p...

site

http://www.heiwajima-onsen.jp/
by kms899 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread