Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

With Luggage from Gora to Kawaguchiko 2017/8/14 23:48
Hi All,
I am spending a few days in Tokyo and then heading to Hakone and then Mt. Fuji area in late October. Planning to have one night at Gora and one night at Kawaguchiko.

I will be travelling with a standard airline check-in baggage (H70xW45xD23cm) and it won't be heavy. Just clothes and shoes not really doing shopping this time.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. But I think I will be ok on the Hakone tozan train and cable car (I won't have luggage while on Hakone roapway)?

On the day of heading towards Kawaguchiko. I am planning to take Hakone Tozan bus from Gora to Gotemba and connect Fujikyu bus to Kawaguchiko.

Question: am I going to be ok travelling with my luggage on Hakone tozan bus and fujikyu bus ? I will only have my luggagex1 and a small handbag and I am planning to travel on weekdays.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Happy travelling.

by Piggy (guest)  

Re: With Luggage from Gora to Kawaguchiko 2017/8/16 01:04
Hakone-tozan bus is just an ordinary local bus, not a highway/express bus, there is no storage for suitcases.
If the bus you will on board is packed with other passengers, leave the bus, and then get in the bus following.

Fujikyu bus is a highway/express bus, there is storage for suitcases. You can bring one standard size suitcase without extra charges.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: With Luggage from Gora to Kawaguchiko 2017/8/16 12:25
Thank you tokyo friend 48 for your reply.

Since we will be travelling different places and hopping on/off trains and buses, we've decided to Takkyubin our luggage to our last hotel and just have a carryon in the mean while. I think this will be the easiest way without worrying about storage and rejected by the bus/train.

Once again, thank you.

Piggy
by Piggy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: With Luggage from Gora to Kawaguchiko 2017/8/16 20:22
I think Takkyubin(Takuhaibin) is a good idea at hilly accommodation.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: With Luggage from Gora to Kawaguchiko 2017/8/22 17:46
Takyubin is a great choice between stops. Hakone also has a luggage service that can take your suitcases from Odawara Station or Yumoto Station to the place you are staying in the Hakone area. Staying in Sengokuhara area of Hakone is just a short bus trip from the Gotenba Outlets and will give you a lot more options for places to stay. The website has some good information. https://www.hakone.or.jp/en and they have a great Facebook Messenger Chatbot that can help you anytime...and people that answer questions promptly

The Hakone Freepass will also cover the bus trip from Hakone to Gotenba too.
by Momokintaro rate this post as useful

reply to this thread