Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mt. Daisen Bus timetable 2019/1/2 15:46
I am interested in going to Mr. Daisen from daisen-guchi station. Can anyone please help to let me know the bus timetable in english?

Also, if i am interested in hiking (easy one), will 6 hrs be enough?

Thanks
by Pim (guest)  

Re: Mt. Daisen Bus timetable 2019/1/3 08:47
From the station to the mountain:
http://www.nihonkotsu.co.jp/bus/limousine_route/route_yonago/daisencho...

大山口駅 発 means departures from Daisenguchi Station
大山寺 means Daisenji where you get off
There are only four buses per day: 7:35, 10:00, 15:20, 16:50

From the mountain to the station:
http://www.nihonkotsu.co.jp/bus/limousine_route/route_yonago/daisencho...

大山口駅 着 means arrival at Daisenguchi Station
There are only three buses per day: 10:50, 16:05, 17:30

Also, if i am interested in hiking (easy one), will 6 hrs be enough?

I am not sure what you mean with "easy one". Do you want to go to the summit? If not, where else do you want to go? Hiking to the summit and back takes about 5-7 hours depending on your fitness level.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Mt. Daisen Bus timetable 2019/1/3 15:01
Hi Uji, Thank you so much for your help. It is very helpful. Since i will be travelling from Tottori, so i will have to take the bus at 10 pm from Daisenguchi Station and will have to take the last bus back at 17:30 pm, so i should be able to make it to the submit if it takes around 5- 7 hours. What i mean easy one is that i am just a beginner and not sure whether I need to use the hiking sticks?

Thanks,
by Pim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mt. Daisen Bus timetable 2019/1/3 15:45
Hiking sticks are not needed, but can help you reduce the stress on your knees. However, proper shoes, drinks and food are required. Also, it is a very tiring hike: basically an endless staircase up the forest. If you are not in good shape, the time you require to complete the hike could increase considerably.

Last but not least: the mountain is usually free of snow from around May to around early November. Outside of this time period, beginners should not climb to the summit. Even inside the period (especially after mid October and before June), there is a possibility of frost around the summit (especially in the mornings). This means that the wooden hiking trail around the summit can become slippery, which can be quite dangerous.

It is not the most easy hike (although not a very difficult one either) in Japan. Beginners should be very careful about it.

Re: Mt. Daisen Bus timetable 2019/1/3 15:46
Also, since I hope you won't be going to Daisen for another few months, note that the bus timetables may change again in the meantime. Especially around March and April, many bus companies sometime revise their timetables. It is better to check once more at a later point.

Re: Mt. Daisen Bus timetable 2019/1/3 15:55
Many thanks for your insight information. It really helps me to decide which period I should visit and better prepare myself. I will recheck the bus timetable again when I know the exact date. Cheers!
by Pim (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread