Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Not in usa and not a citizen 2021/7/12 07:36
my husband has been posted to japan from the usa but i am not in usa can i still go with him ?
by Ivy Yeboah (guest)  

Re: Not in usa and not a citizen 2021/7/12 12:50
Somehow from the way you say your husband ghas been posted,h does that mean hefs with the military? Thatfs the impression I get.
If that is the case, and he will be granted the SOFA status, you need to ask with their authority/his commander.

If Ifm mistaken and hefs just getting transferred to a non-military job located in Japan, you can apply to accompany him as the gdependent,h but that assumes that you are going to live in Japan with him.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Not in usa and not a citizen 2021/7/12 15:13
yes he is in the military and has gotten his pcs orders but i am not in the states . is it possible for me to go with him to japan?
by Ivy Yeboah (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Not in usa and not a citizen 2021/7/12 16:29
You'd need to ask your husband to ask his commander.

I am only familiar with the off-base, meaning, non-military immigration visa procedure for couples wishing to move to Japan together when one gets a job offer in Japan.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Not in usa and not a citizen 2021/7/12 16:55
yes he is in the military and has gotten his pcs orders but i am not in the states . is it possible for me to go with him to japan?
by Ivy Yeboah (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Not in usa and not a citizen 2021/7/12 16:58
Would it not be better to ask the military instead of a general Forum?

I'm sure you won't be the first spouse to come to Japan who is not a US citizen and are not in Japan.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Not in usa and not a citizen 2021/7/13 08:19
You are just asking the same question over and over again, and getting the same question:

Ask your husband's commander. They have the official answer.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Not in usa and not a citizen 2021/7/14 06:57
Currently, given the restrictions on granting/processing visas and status of residence, the answer would be no. As your husband is under a military positing, the normal dependent visa would not apply. As others have said, the question is for his commander and if you would be covered under the military posting.
Even if the answer was yes, you would have difficulty entering the country in the short-term.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread