Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What's up with Kagoshima on Nov 18-23? 2022/11/13 02:54
My wife and I plan to visit Kagoshima from Nov. 18-23. I know it's a public holiday on the 23rd but it's a puzzle for me why even booking from the 18th doesn't yield any results on any of the travel booking sites like Agoda and Rakuten Travel. Is Kagoshima so popular this time of the year with many foreign and local tourist arriving in droves? If anyone can point us to even a decent hostel that we can stay in on those dates, it will be greatly appreciated. :)
by Koponov  

Re: What's up with Kagoshima on Nov 18-23? 2022/11/13 09:44
Friday and Saturday are completely booked out. First time in 2 years this weekends events have happened. Guessing solid bookings. Sun Mon Tues nights seem available still.
by h (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What's up with Kagoshima on Nov 18-23? 2022/11/13 11:25
When I checked Booking.com, Kagoshima City was not available, but within Kagoshima Prefecture, it was available from the 18th to the 22nd.
From October to December 20th, travel discounts are being held for people living in Japan (all over Japan), so there are probably many people who take advantage of this to travel.
In particular, it is easy for office workers to book appointments during those times, as it is difficult for office workers to take days off unless they are on Saturdays, Sundays, or holidays.
After checking, it seems that guest houses are also covered.
It may be that there are many cases where the 19th is full.
Why don't you consider changing the schedule from the 20th or staying at an accommodation facility outside Kagoshima City only on the 19th?
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: What's up with Kagoshima on Nov 18-23? 2022/11/13 15:23
As halo1210 says, it should be related to "Go to Travel" campaign. Other cities in Kyushu are also very busy. What about going to Koshiki islands? I once stayed at Ampersand in Shimo-Koshiki which is very relaxing place to stay.

https://hotel.travel.rakuten.co.jp/hotelinfo/plan/179031?f_teikei=quic...
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: What's up with Kagoshima on Nov 18-23? 2022/11/13 19:26
Thank you all for the insights. 😊 I tried researching other locations and they were fully booked too. 😢 And yes, I guess it has something to do with the current travel campaign for residents. We are residents but can't even get one reasonable booking. @frog1954, thanks for the tip but even if there are availabilities, establishments are clearly taking advantages of tourists with the current prices...
by Koponov rate this post as useful

Re: What's up with Kagoshima on Nov 18-23? 2022/11/13 19:57
If you are a resident and have a residence card, you can get a discount.
However, documents such as three doses of corona vaccine and antigen test are required.
https://translation2.j-server.com/LUCPKGSM/ns/tl.cgi/https://www.pref.... utf-8&XPORG=,&XJSID=0
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread