Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

simgeekcard.com - bonafide Japan SIM card? 2023/5/19 19:44
Hello,

I was scouting around for a SIM card to use in Japan for about 29 days. I found this SIMGEEKCARD.com from Tokyo Cheapo. It gives 7GB for 30 days at 4980 yen which is just perfect for me. Anyone used this before? Just want to know that I won't be scammed. I intend to buy 2 cards.

Thanks!
ME
by TME (guest)  

Re: simgeekcard.com - bonafide Japan SIM card? 2023/5/21 08:23
Are you going to be planning to make phone calls in Japan or just using data? If you're just going to use data and apps, you could probably just find a sim card that is data only which is cheaper in general.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: simgeekcard.com - bonafide Japan SIM card? 2023/5/21 22:54
If I am not wrong, this is a data only card. I don't think I really need to make phone calls.
by TME (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: simgeekcard.com - bonafide Japan SIM card? 2023/5/28 10:03
I don't know about that simgeek but I think it will work ok. Right now I am using data only eSim from airalo - 5 gb for 30 days for 12 USD, they also offer other versions. Maybe you can check them, it seems a bit cheaper.
by haens (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: simgeekcard.com - bonafide Japan SIM card? 2023/5/28 22:13
Wow! That's even cheaper and definitely enough data for 28 days... where did you buy that airalo SIM card from? Hoping to be able to buy the SIM card from Fukuoka airport?

Re: simgeekcard.com - bonafide Japan SIM card? 2023/5/28 22:14
Oh I realize that airalo only sells e-SIMs... doesn't work for me cos I don't use an iPhone....

Re: simgeekcard.com - bonafide Japan SIM card? 2023/6/2 18:53
You can buy cheaper sim cards on amazon.jp and have them delivered to your hotel, a convenience store or an amazon locker. I purchased a 10GB/6 month sim for about 2700 yen, used less than half of it. Plan to use the rest on my next trip
by mel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: simgeekcard.com - bonafide Japan SIM card? 2023/6/3 12:14
Thank you mel! This is very helpful! But I land really early at 8.10 am. Would the hotel hold my SIM card if I specify the delivery to be the day before I land? I would rather walk into a store at the airport and buy a card or get it before I fly off back home actually... cos would need it on landing immediately... Was just wondering if it was possible to get Amazon to do a delivery at the Fukuoka Airport... would be great if there was a delivery pick-up box at the airport...

Re: simgeekcard.com - bonafide Japan SIM card? 2023/6/3 18:21
You can have amazon.jp ship your sim card to a combini in or near Hakata Station. Bear in mind that the combini will hold on to it for no more than 7 days so you will need to time your purchase accordingly.

If you really need to have it before leaving the airport you can have it sent to your home abroad from vendors such as the one you originally inquired about or you can purchase it at a kiosk in the airport upon arrival. In either case you'll be paying for that convenience in the form of a much higher price.
by mel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: simgeekcard.com - bonafide Japan SIM card? 2023/6/3 22:23
Thank you Mel! Something to think about... I will probably need Google Maps the moment I get out of the airport and on the subway to Hakata Station. That's one heck of a huge station and I don't want to get lost plus I will need to navigate around to find the Combini locker if anything at all... perhaps I could survive on free wifi in the station?

reply to this thread