Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Recommendation for capsule for a couple? 2023/7/10 04:09
Hey, we are trave to Tokyo in September and we would love to experience 1 night in a capsule hotel.
We want to stay together in the same capsule.
Are you familiar with any recommended capsules for a couple?

Thank you!
by Hezi (guest)  

Re: Recommendation for capsule for a couple? 2023/7/10 05:20
Capsules are for singles.

Pick somewhere else.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Recommendation for capsule for a couple? 2023/7/10 05:46
I can't give recommendations from personal experience, as staying at a capsule hotel with my partner isn't something that I have ever considered doing.
However, all I can do, is try and point you towards a few places that could cater to what you wish to do.

https://www.dearjapanese.com/capsule-hotel-for-couples/

The article is relatively recent, however, the 'Tokyo Kiba Hotel' is marked as permanently closed on Google Maps.

Two other options, though, could be the 'The Millennials' capsule hotel in Shibuya or the 'Nine Hours' capsule hotel in Akasaka.
I am not familiar with either hotel, but, I hope that these two locations could be what you are looking for.
by Kari Haruka rate this post as useful

Re: Recommendation for capsule for a couple? 2023/7/10 14:05
A capsule hotel would NOT be comfortable for 2 people and I believe they only really make them for 1 person per capsule, which is kind of the point of it.

You're honestly better off just staying in a regular hotel which will be way more comfortable. I honestly don't see why people are so excited to try a capsule hotel as it's shared with many other people around you who could be noisy and you probably won't sleep well in that kind of place. To each their own though I guess.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Recommendation for capsule for a couple? 2023/7/10 15:10
Also capsule hotels are gender separated. So even if you decide to get each a capsule if your own youfd be on different floors.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Recommendation for capsule for a couple? 2024/3/19 21:05
I don't think you have to be so excited about it, but capsule hotels are unique to Japan, so it's like visiting a museum. You can also save a lot of money because if a night in a normal hotel costs $100 a night, as a couple, you could get two capsules for $50 a night.

As for the double capsules, yes, the Kiba Hotel has sadly closed, but one that was not mentioned before is the Book and Bed, which has capsules for couples and is pretty big. I would stay again, even though you hear others walking around. The rest of the options are well summed up here:
https://www.uniqhotels.com/blog/tokyo-capsule-hotels-for-couples/
by maglev (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Recommendation for capsule for a couple? 2024/3/21 19:15
For the price of two capsules (because men and women are on different floors) you can get a nice hotel room for two. If you want to try the "experience", a slight step up from a hostel dorm sleeping next to strangers you would do it individually.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread