Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

I wish to meet Mr. Nakadai 2023/7/13 01:03
Dear friends, my wife and I are planning a vacation in Japan in September this year. I am a big fan of post war Japanese cinema (Akira Kurosawa/Masaki Kobayashi/Hiroshi Teshigahara/Kihachi Okamoto and others) and of course great actors such as Takashi Shimora, Toshiro Mifune and Tatsuya Nakadai. Besides spending the our days as tourists in Japan, I would like to know if there is a chance (no matter how small), to meet legendary actor Tatsuya Nakadai? I understand that he is over 90 and might not be keen on meeting people, still I would want to try my luck with meeting him. Any piece of advice would be very highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Rudra
by Rudra (guest)  

Re: I wish to meet Mr. Nakadai 2023/7/13 20:57
Hello Rudra,

I'm not sure if you can "meet" Tatsuya Nakadai, but you can certainly see him live on stage if you change your schedule and come to Ishikawa Prefecture during Oct 20 - Nov 5. His Mumeijuku company will be doing another play.

https://www.mumeijuku.net/stage/index.html#Tohaku
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: I wish to meet Mr. Nakadai 2023/7/15 01:56
Dear Uco,

Thank you very much for your response. Now I guess, we will certainly plan our trip accordingly. Even if we get to come within 5 feet of him, exchange smiles and even shake hands with Nakadai-san, that is all I would want and treasure it for the rest of my life. Anyway, seeing him perform live would be enough for us.

Thank you again for your valuable input and have a great day!

Regards,
Rudra
by Rudra (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I wish to meet Mr. Nakadai 2023/7/15 07:58
Drama theatres often pass out questionnaire survey (in Japanese) for the audience to write their feedback on. Perhaps you can write a message on it in English, and someone in the theatre company might take a look. If you don't know which paper the survey is, ask for "enquete". I hope you can get tickets!
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread