Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Hand Carry Fresh Strawberry 2023/8/2 21:40
May I know if there's any rules or restriction if we buy fresh strawberry bought in the market or grocery from Japan and hand carry it inside the airplane going to Philippines?

Do we need to have a permit? Or anything?
by Jazzae Jazz (guest)  

Re: Hand Carry Fresh Strawberry 2023/8/3 09:30
Philippine biosecurity laws apply. At a minimum they will need to be inspected on arrival.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Hand Carry Fresh Strawberry 2023/8/3 11:23
I'm just curious, but why are you asking people on a Japanese forum if something is allowed to be brought back to the philippines when that's clearly an issue that comes with customs? I'd simply just contact customs or at the very least, the airport so that you can get your answer.

People here on a forum aren't part of government to give you answers like that, so it's just better to contact them directly to get your straight answer.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hand Carry Fresh Strawberry 2023/8/3 13:02
As other have said, you'll need to contact customs in the Philippines for the definitive answer. That said, I can't think of any countries that freely allow you to hand carry fruit into the country when arriving on a flight from overseas, so I wouldn't get my hopes up unless you're also willing to go to the hassle/possible expense of paperwork and inspections.
by . . . . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hand Carry Fresh Strawberry 2023/8/3 13:10
Eat your strawberries on the plane :-)
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Hand Carry Fresh Strawberry 2023/8/5 16:57
Why ask here and not use google? First google hit...

Can you bring fruit on plane to Philippines?
Fresh or frozen unprocessed foods – including fresh fruits, frozen meat, fresh fish – even in quantities for personal use, may NOT be brought into or sent to the Philippines without the prior clearance from the Department of Agriculture of the Philippines.
by h (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread