Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Kabuki in Tokyo 2023/8/28 05:57
Is it still possible to buy single-act tickets at the Kabukiza in Tokyo? Does anyone know the prices? Is it better to get a First- Second- or Third-act ticket? How long does each act last? Or is it so crowded on a Saturday that it is better to buy a full-play ticket online before leaving home, even if only staying for one act? We are looking at Saturday, October 7, 2023. The problem is timing, of course. We found a 3-hour sushi-making class that begins at 1:30 PM on the same day, and it's far away from the Kabuki theater. Probably need an hour to travel between the two venues.

Regarding the Kabuki performance: Are the most expensive seats really worth it, or can one see well enough from the balcony? Thanks so much for any help.
by Susan B. (guest)  

Re: Kabuki in Tokyo 2023/8/28 06:34
Yes, single act tickets were reintroduced a few months ago after a break during the pandemic. The details are explained here:
https://www.kabukiweb.net/about/ticket/single-act-tickets/
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kabuki in Tokyo 2023/8/28 06:41
As for seats, the closer is the better, but balcony is also good enough for the less enthusiastic. My favorite seats are the special seats along the left side of the hall (when viewing towards the stage): both the box seats on the ground floor and similar seats on the second floor. These seats are more spacious, come with a table and are close to the stage (some at quite an angle, though) and the hanamichi. And many of them are in a single row, meaning you have nobody behind you. They are not cheap.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kabuki in Tokyo 2023/8/28 08:22
Not all the shows have single act tickets (as explained in the linked page), and there are not too many. I know previously they were very popular. Last people I had that attended the kabuki we had trouble getting seats on a weekday, and they were initially only going to stay for one act, but stayed for the duration because they enjoyed it so much. Their 2nd-class seats were 12,000 yen each.
Page for the August program single act tickets and prices https://www.e-tix.jp/shochiku_makumi/en/
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread