Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Necessary to get a SIM card delivered? 2023/9/11 01:39
Hi
I keep reading on forums to purchase a SIM card online before travelling to Japan. Is that necessary?
I will land at Haneda's Airport. Will there be better options there / incl better prices? or is it indeed recommended to buy early (and will have no issues setting it up etc..)

I will be in Japan for 14 days, and would likely look for a 10GB minimum SIM card. If any suggestions?

Thanks
Kenza
by Knnouz  

Re: Necessary to get a SIM card delivered? 2023/9/12 05:29
Hm, I have only bought at the airport once and while I don't remember how much I paid I certainly do not recall feeling ripped off. It's a perfectly valid option, but the convenience of having everything bought and paid for and waiting for you when you arrive is nice, especially for people who are tight for time, have transfers to make, etc. Not to mention that when buying on arrival you are subject to the shop's business hours.

Honestly I personally just recommend going the eSIM route if you have the hardware for it. I use Airalo with no issues. I can bump up my data with the app easily which is something I can't do so easily with a SIM card of pocket wifi. Other options are available.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Necessary to get a SIM card delivered? 2023/9/14 09:55
I've done this before coming to Japan where I ordered a wifi device, but you can also get a sim card instead if you prefer that can actually get shipped to the post office within the airport and you can pick it up that way. It's probably cheaper than buying it straight up at the airport in one of the mobile stores, but you can do as you like.

Just look around online and it should give you options for how much data you want, if you want to make calls or not, the date to get picked up, etc. It's pretty affordable too.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread