Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Can I bring beans and dried chili? 2023/9/15 01:53
Hi guys. I want to know if it's possible to bring to Japan beans. I don't mean home made beans. As long as it is in the official packaged will it be alright? Also, do you know if I can bring dried chili? I eat a lot of spicy food so I'm very fond of my Mexican chile. I haven't had found information about these two, and my airline doesn't know anything about what can I or can't I bring. Bee honey should be ok though? And if anyone know if chilorio is permitted?

Thanks a lot!
by Maru (guest)  

Re: Can I bring beans and dried chili? 2023/9/15 06:23
Beans and legumes are a hit and miss issue. They should be fine if commercially packaged. But declare anyway and they do whatever they do at customs gate.

Some dried chilli has seads in it, I'd say the versions with seeds in it wouldn't be able to cross the border. But the chilli flake only versions should be fine.

https://www.au.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_en/visa_quarantine_en.html
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I bring beans and dried chili? 2023/9/15 18:00
As H said, as long as it is processed and professionally packed, you won't have any issues. I have brought home several snacks from Thailand and I didn't have any problems bringing them in.
by antsparks rate this post as useful

reply to this thread