Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Where to go in Bizen/Okayama? 2023/9/24 22:37
Hi, I will be driving from Kobe to Okayama then to Tottori in late Nov with my family.

Day 1: Drive off from Kobe to Bizen --> mikan picking in Bizen (any particular farm to recommend?). Overnight at Bizen.
Day 2: Drive to Okayama city. Overnight at Okayama city
Day 3: Drive to Tottori

Any recommended spots to visit for Day 1 and 2? I wish to view the Seto Inland Sea but I think my planned route is not the best?

Alternatively, I thought of driving from Kobe through Awaji Island, then to Okayama via Seto Bridge. Would that be a better option in terms of views and spots? Not sure if the distance is too long for two days though.

Day 1: Drive off from Kobe to Awaji Island. Overnight at Takamatsu.
Day 2: Drive to Okayama city via Seto Bridge

Can anyone advise which plan is better? And appreciate recommended sights too!

Thank you!
by Eddy Peh (guest)  

Re: Where to go in Bizen/Okayama? 2023/10/3 16:35
Hello! I'll be suggesting based on the assumption that you're only travelling by car and will not take any means of public transportation.

Personally, I'd prefer the second proposed route – there's simply so much more to see along the way, like the Akashi Kaikyo Bridge and the Awaji Yumebutai before reaching Takamatsu. Driving also allows you to make a short detour to places like Kotohira and Takaya Shrine within Kagawa Prefecture before you head towards the Setouchi and finally Okayama.

It's also good to visit the Kurashiki Bikan (personal favourite) and the Bitchu Area (try Kibitsu Shrine) near Okayama before you head off for Tottori.

Hope that helps :))
by Mizuno Jun rate this post as useful

reply to this thread