Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

KFC for Christmas 2023/10/4 23:37
Hi,

Been to Japan several times but this year will be our first time there during Christmas

Will be in Nagoya until 25 Dec morning and then leaving for Hakata (eta lunch time)

Keen to embrace the KFC Christmas tradition in Japan and have a few questions:

1) if I order on-line in advance , do we collect the food at the designated time or do we still need to queue?

2) if we donft order online, how long is the typical queue on Christmas Day? (I see there is KFC at JR Hakata Station, so probably will be packed?)

3) Does KFC Japan normally offer special xmas edition menu ?

4) if there is xmas menu, are they usually available on 23 or 24 Dec ? (hopefully less queue haha)

Thanks in advance !

by TaberuPeko  

Re: KFC for Christmas 2023/10/5 09:22
FYI, in Japan Christmas is "celebrated" on the 24th Dec., not on 25th.

https://aumo.jp/articles/2410622

KFC 2022 Christmas menu sample, page in Japanese.

Yes, if you made reservation online, there'll be separate pickup counter.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: KFC for Christmas 2023/10/5 09:27
Additional , 2021 Christmas menu sample
https://swaps4.com/kfc-christmas-2021-in-japan/

Re: KFC for Christmas 2023/10/5 09:45
Hi,

3) Please refer to last year's menu.
https://japan.kfc.co.jp/news_release/5372

4) Last year, reservations could be received for three days from December 23rd (Friday) to December 25th (Sunday).
Probably because the 25th was a Sunday.
This year, the 25th is a weekday, so it may be sold on the 23rd or 24th.
Some people work overtime on weekdays, so there may be fewer cases where it is necessary.
In Japan, people often eat fried chicken and cake on December 24th, and Christmas cakes at convenience stores and supermarkets are sometimes sold at a discount on December 25th.
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: KFC for Christmas 2023/10/5 11:12
Just a suggestion about KFC for Christmas in Japan is to do it far in advance. They get quite backed-up with orders around this time and it's smart to do it probably a couple of days in advance, if not longer. I'd just call or order online if you can and see what the limit is.

Do keep one thing in mind when it comes to ordering KFC is that it's going to be VERY expensive around this time and for the amount of food that you get, I was honestly very disappointed when I did this. We ordered a full meal set for 2 people for I believe around 3000 yen and the amount of food was something that you could pick up in the local grocery store for around 1000 yen. It was the most underwhelming experience I'd had with ordering food.

If you're really adamant about getting KFC, I wish you all the best. Otherwise, perhaps just cook your own chicken at home which is going to be tasty and much cheaper without all the hassle of waiting in line and getting way less than what you pay for. But, entirely up to you! :)
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: KFC for Christmas 2023/11/1 12:56
We did this last year in a much smaller town. You had to order online in advance. I think it starts early November. You pick a pickup time and they will have your order ready at that time. You select from a list of family meals. Ours came with a commemorative plate. I don't believe you were able to order any food that day--only advance orders.
by mw (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: KFC for Christmas 2023/11/1 18:10
No matter how you dress it up, it is still only chicken.
by couldabeen rate this post as useful

Re: KFC for Christmas 2023/11/3 10:32
If you google "rock recipes copycat kfc" you get a recipe which is absolutely spot on to do it yourself, except I have a few of my own tweaks - use boneless thigh cutlets, marinate in cooking sake for an hour, cut back the paprika to about 1/3 of what they say, and I use potato starch instead of flour as it comes out crunchier.

Better that than buying stuff that has been god knows where...
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: KFC for Christmas 2023/11/7 06:54
Hi, I am trying to buy the Christmas KFC but they arent accepting any of my credit cards, can anybody help?
by Tai (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: KFC for Christmas 2023/11/7 10:37
Foreign bank CC ? mistake in your info? address not same as CC? full width name input?
Can be anything.. Worst go make reservation at KFC restaurant.

Re: KFC for Christmas 2023/11/7 21:06
Hi. That comment wasn't helpfull at all. CC is not Japanese. For pickup they dont ask for your adress, the nearest one to our hotel is in Akihabara. Everything went smoothly, but when going for payment is says: We are very sorry that we are unable to accept your credit card, but please re-try your payment procedure by using another payment method.

Note: There is no other payment method.

Thank you all in advance!

Re: KFC for Christmas 2023/11/8 00:06
Here's KFC FAQ on online order. either your foreign CC don't work well or something wentwrong when you tye in your details. How many timesyou tried ?
Online order self collect only by CC, delivery you can pay by CC or cash.

https://faq.order.kfc.jp/category/show/56?site_domain=default

Re: KFC for Christmas 2023/11/8 16:51
Hi,

Thank you for your answer. Sadly I have tried everything I could. My dutch cc just doesnt seem to work?

I don't seem to get the option to deliver as well :/

Re: KFC for Christmas 2023/11/9 10:00
I also tried to order online and THREE credit cards didn't work. After digging around on the Interwebs, it seems that Japanese websites are a little more picky than other countries', so a lot of them don't take credit cards from foreign banks, even though they are branded Visa or Mastercard. We had to use a work contact who lives in Japan to order it for us.
by Kim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: KFC for Christmas 2023/11/9 12:31
KFC for Christmas-what's the attraction? It is only chicken, at a higher cost.
by couldabeen rate this post as useful

reply to this thread