Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Traveling to the USA 2023/10/18 10:01
I am traveling to the USA but I have a strict dietary guidelines. I only eat halal food. Is there a viable alternative in the USA or should i pack the food from here in Japan?

Please advise.
by Najma Smith (guest)  

Re: Traveling to the USA 2023/10/18 11:36
It depends. Which city/state are you going?
by nonn bay (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling to the USA 2023/10/18 14:47
You are better off packing some halal meat and food products from here in Japan. But depending upon where you are traveling in the USA, you can order halal meat online from https://onestophalal.com . I guess they deliver everywhere in the USA.
by Imran Shaikh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling to the USA 2023/11/29 05:06
Large cities have halal stores. Also, if you have access to a kitchen, regular grocery stores have many vegetables, grains, and beans.
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling to the USA 2023/11/29 13:51
You can bring what you'd like with you, though just keep in mind that pretty much any large city in the USA is going to cater to people with all kinds of dietary restrictions as there are very health-conscious people who have lots of dietary needs.

In most cases, you can usually find those kinds of foods you need in large grocery stores, specifically more along the lines of trader joes, whole foods, etc.

Good luck going to the states and have fun!
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling to the USA 2023/11/29 13:54
Just pack something necessary and also check USA customs regulation for bringing in foodstuff and such to avoid confiscation.

Also halal food should be much easier to source compared to Japan since there are more Muslim population and not forgetting Jews as well (kosher food).

Again depending on your destination in USA.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling to the USA 2023/12/3 04:43
This is a weird question to ask in a Japan forum.

I am pretty sure you can't just bring meat into the USA.

https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article-3619?language=en_US

Most major cities and even many smaller cities have marked halal products in the US. I'm honestly not sure why you would think otherwise.

There are 100% restaurants marked halal in the US. One of the Indian places a couple of miles from here is halal.
by rkold rate this post as useful

reply to this thread