Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

How to book Tsurunoyu Onsen Ryokan 2023/10/22 04:14
I've read many Q&A forums and most people have mentioned they booked through Japanese Guest Houses, but unfortunately it looks like they closed their business earlier this year.

Does anyone else have any recommendations? I'm trying to contact the hotels I'm staying at to see if they might have a concierge service to help, but I'm getting nervous that I'm cutting it too close to reserve as it's about 5 months out from my arrival.

Thank you for any advice!
by Rebecca (guest)  

Re: How to book Tsurunoyu Onsen Ryokan 2023/10/22 17:12
http://www.tsurunoyu.com/english.html#CONTACT

Your first choice would be to call them by telephone. Their website in Japanese says they accept reservation only by telephone which is the traditional way of booking in Japan. This is quite beneficial for the hotel since it is harder for the guest to telephone call than just click the website page, because the guests should have loyality to the hotel. If there are competition among the hotels, some hotels allow internet booking or even via the hotel booking sites. This occurs everywhere in the world which is beneficial for the guests but not hor the hotel.

Anyway, Tsurunoyu has English page which describes the phone number. This might mean they have prepared for the English telephone call. All you can do is just call them on the phone I think.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: How to book Tsurunoyu Onsen Ryokan 2023/10/23 13:57

Does anyone else have any recommendations?

I do not speak Japanese; several years ago just days before arriving in Japan, I called Tsurunoyu Onsen for a reservation , did not know what to expect, to my surprise , the lady who picked up the phone spoke perfect English, and I got a room in the main building due to a late cancellation. You never know until you try! Call them!
If all fails, this is my best recommendation: https://www.taenoyu.com/
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread