Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Sending luggage via conbini with Yamato? 2023/10/23 20:25
I'm currently in Tokyo and will be heading down to Osaka next Sunday.

While my hotel in Tokyo does offer Yamato Ta-Q-Bin shipping (as does the Osaka hotel) they only ship Cash-On-Delivery, a shipment type the Osaka hotel WON'T accept.

I'm now stuck trying to figure out (and very worried about)how to ship my bag via a convenience store or a Yamato service center and quite frankly, I have no idea because information in English is sparse.
When should I ship my luggage? Will there be an English form available? Can I fill in the address of the Osaka hotel in English?
by Sebas (guest)  

Re: Sending luggage via conbini with Yamato? 2023/10/24 10:40
https://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/ytc/en/send/preparations/

you pay cash.. you can write information in English.
All mentioned in above link.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sending luggage via conbini with Yamato? 2023/10/24 12:33
Just go to a 7/11,show them your luggage and they will hand you a form. Be prepared with the address of your Osaka hotel and pay. Ship at least on the morning before your arrival in Osaka

Very easy and now in Tokyo many conbini workers arenft Japanese so you might even be lucky and have someone speak in English. But if not, itfs easy and the conbini workers know what to do.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Sending luggage via conbini with Yamato? 2023/10/24 15:05
This sentence might be prone to misunderstanding:
g Ship at least on the morning before your arrival in Osakah
What I meant was, ship the day BEFORE you want your luggage in Osaka AND ship in the morning. Delivery between Tokyo and Osaka is next day. But depending on when you drop it off it might be outside the cutoff time.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread