Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Stop overs from London 2023/10/26 22:24
We were hoping to use Emirates to travel to Tokyo from London. Can anyone suggest a couple of stop over destinations en route to Tokyo?

Thank you
by Live4city  

Re: Stop overs from London 2023/10/29 04:51
Well if you are flying to London via Emirates, then you'll be flying via Dubai....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Stop overs from London 2023/10/29 06:09
I understand what you mean. For me, rather than to fly direct northbound from Tokyo to London for like 20 hours, it was easier to spend a vacation en-route at a tropical beach resort before continuing my flight via Dubai, even though the flight duration as a whole takes longer.

I don't know where Emirates flies today. Could you give us some examples of airports? Perhaps someone can give you some ideas based on them.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Stop overs from London 2023/11/6 23:47
And, if you're not tied to Emirates for any reason, there are of course other national carriers who will fly: (1) London to [national carrier's hub], and then (2) [hub] to Tokyo, or perhaps somewhere else in Japan.

We've flown Cathay Pacific, stopped over in HK for a week, and then had a holiday in Hokkaido - flying direct to Chitose.

Have also flown Korean Air, stopped for a few days in Seoul, and then flown into one regional Japanese airport and flown back out of another one 10 days later.

For airlines in Asia, my experience is that you can easily fly into one area of Japan, do a holiday that involves travelling in a straight line (rather than the more typical circle, starting and ending in Tokyo), and fly out of another area. This has worked well for us.

Unless I had a lot of time to spare, and/or didn't want to spend a substantial part of my holiday in Japan, I probably wouldn't fly e.g. Emirates unless I specifically wanted to stay for a few days in Dubai (i.e. I wouldn't plan to fly: LDN to Dubai...Dubai to Somewhere Else....Somewhere else back to Dubai...Dubai to Tokyo). YMMV
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread