Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

packages of cigs im allowed to bring? 2023/10/27 22:41
Hello, i was curious about how many cigs i am allowed to carry in my suitcase? Cigarettes are very expensive in Japan compared to my country and i'll be staying there for awhile, i was thinking of bringing my own and i want to know how many packages i could bring and if it's okay to bring them or not. Also maybe in my hand bag too?

It says 20 packages actually but i'm not sure if that's true so i also wanted to confirm that here.
by N (guest)  

Re: packages of cigs im allowed to bring? 2023/10/28 15:24
I believe the max you can bring into Japan without paying import duties is 200 cigarettes. So that would probably be 10 packs?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: packages of cigs im allowed to bring? 2023/10/28 15:40
This page gives you the rate applicable if you bring in excess of the exempted amount:

https://www.customs.go.jp/english/summary/passenger.htm
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: packages of cigs im allowed to bring? 2023/10/28 20:27
Thanks so much, so it's 10 pack only, i think i understand it
i'm curious if it's available if i put 10 pack in my luggage and carry a bit more in my bag? would that be considered cheating? :)
by N (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: packages of cigs im allowed to bring? 2023/10/28 22:09
That would be blatant cheating and could cause you problems at customs if you do not declare the total & pay the excess. It's really not worth it.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: packages of cigs im allowed to bring? 2023/10/29 03:39
I understand, thanks so much!
by N (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread