Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Luggage forwarding Tsumago to Magome 2023/11/12 02:25
Hi, we're planning to walk the section of the Nakasendo from Tsumago to Magome next week (19 November 2023). I see online info that there is a luggage forwarding service between the tourist offices in the two towns. Can anyone please confirm that the service is currently operating?

Also, how far is it from the Nagiso train station to the luggage drop point in Tsumago? It appears that there is a connecting bus?

Thanks!
by Doug (guest)  

Re: Luggage forwarding Tsumago to Magome 2023/11/12 17:35
https://magome-luggagetransport.jp

It seems they are active at present. At least you can send message from their Contact page.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage forwarding Tsumago to Magome 2023/11/12 23:12
Thanks for your reply! This looks like an independent service that will pick up bags at your hotel - good to know! I was wondering about the service apparently run by the two towns where one can just drop bags without a reservation at the info offices?
by Doug (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage forwarding Tsumago to Magome 2023/11/13 08:08
one can just drop bags without a reservation at the info offices?

No. You must reserve beforehand. If you want to send from a hotel to the next hotel, the hotel staff will keep your baggage, but if it is a station you must be there on time to hand your baggage to the transportation staff. I think they (or he) have no office to handle baggage.

Re: Luggage forwarding Tsumago to Magome 2023/11/13 08:12
And if you want more flexible way to send your baggage you can use normal Ta-Q-bin service everywhere in Japan. ut note that this service is not the same day delivery.

Re: Luggage forwarding Tsumago to Magome 2023/11/13 09:02
the similar services which Tourist Information Centers involve are here.
https://tsumago.jp/walking/
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage forwarding Tsumago to Magome 2023/11/13 09:46
The service ken posted seems to be more appropriate for the OP.

reply to this thread