Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Alternatives to Hakone? 2023/11/27 01:58
Me and my boyfriend are looking for an alternative to a place with a similar feel to Hakone-to relax and do walks a bit more nature filled/wooded areas. Ideally with good transport from Tokyo. Any suggestions would be appareciated. We will be going from feb 26th (staying in Tokyo for 5 nights at the start)
by Biddytravel  

Re: Alternatives to Hakone? 2023/11/27 07:21
Here some ideas:
Assuming that you want onsen too, then Shuzenji in Izu peninsula is a good alternative.
If you arenft into onsen and gjusth want the nature part Chichibu and a walk to some of its 33 temples is a good place close to Tokyo.
End of February youfd also be in time for Kawazu cherry blossoms. (Izu peninsula )
If you just want to do a daytrip the area around Okutama can be good for walking.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Alternatives to Hakone? 2023/11/27 07:28
Takao-san is a good place to hike and easy to get to from Tokyo. If youfre lucky, Fuji-san may be viewed at the top.
by andrea (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Alternatives to Hakone? 2023/11/27 09:16
Enoshima (just off Kamakura) is super easy to get to and very nice. We have stayed at Iwamotoro Honkan there a few times and really enjoyed it.

Otherwise (and aside from those mentioned above), I would throw on Bedsho Onsen or Takayama, though Takayama takes some time to get to
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Alternatives to Hakone? 2023/11/27 10:37
Nikko potentially? But no good if you want onsen, or views of Fuji. But stunning nature, and architecture
by Matt P (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread