Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

English Speaking Animal Rescues in Japan? 2023/11/30 17:16
Hi all,

I sm currently traveling in Japan and I want to volunteer for a month at an animal rescue / shelter. I only speak basic Japanese so it would have to be one where some English is spoken. I am not fussy about where in Japan it is located!

Does anyone have any recommendations? I have already tried Japan Cat Network but they have no availability.

Thank you!
by TurnipInJapan (guest)  

Re: English Speaking Animal Rescues in Japan? 2023/11/30 18:40
Hi there. If you're trying to plan to work at an animal rescue shelter, it doesn't matter if you're volunteering. You wouldn't be able to do it as it's considered "working" and it doesn't meet the requirements that fall under the tourism visa.

In terms of speaking Japanese, that would also hinder you a lot as well if you don't speak much since most people coming there are going to be Japanese and expect to converse in Japanese.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Yes you can I think... 2023/12/1 21:54
Go to Ark Bark, an Osaka based animal rescue, English speaking, with rescue operations in other cities including Tokyo and enquire. https://arkbark.net/en/

I donate monies to them monthly from USA as part of my charitable givings as they have a history of doing good work in Japan

Thank you for caring

Stan
by USC4Ever rate this post as useful

reply to this thread