Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Ishigaki in May? 2023/12/3 01:27
We have decided to get some sun and beach time and rest for 5-6 days during our 3 weeks Japan trip in May 2024 and thinking in going off the beaten track to Ishigaki Island. I am reading now that it could potentially be the short rain season (2 weeks) at exactly that time, but is it safer to go there mid may or rather last week of may to get more chances of dry weather? We can go either third or fourth week of May. Or its in general a very bad idea to go there in May? We have been for example to Malaysia during rain season, but there you have normally very short few minutes downpours and afterwards again heat and sun... So I don't know if it is somehow comparable.
by Michael (guest)  

Re: Ishigaki in May? 2023/12/3 18:46
When i visit ishigaki, my first priority is what it offer to see,so i need transport pass(azuma bus pass,karry bus pass).you can buy azuma bus 1 day pass=1000 yen or 5 day=2000 yen
by Robi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ishigaki in May? 2023/12/28 19:41
Also interested in receiving an answer in this topic, because we are planning exactly the same. Visiting Ishigaki for 4-5 days somewhere between the 22nd and 31st of May... I mean, if it's the "standard" rainy season as I know it from other places in the world, I wouldn't avoid it to travel to Ishigaki, but if it's raining all day long for several days........
by Flo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ishigaki in May? 2023/12/29 09:46
The rainy season starts around mid-May, and it definitely is not just 2 weeks long - it goes to late June or so. If you want to visit Ishigaki, the earlier in May the better. Of course, nobody can predict the weather, and with an island nation like Japan, weather forecasts beyond 3 days are not really reliable.
There are some very good sights in Ishigaki also, like its really nice limestone cave, where it doesn't matter how much it is raining outside. It's still like suddenly walking into a different planet.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread