Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

New year shop availability 2023/12/19 14:22
To whom it may concern,

Our family will visit Ginzan Onsen on 3rd of January.
I recently heard from my Japanese friend that, most of the shops do close from 1st ~ 3rd of January.

I wonder what shops are opened during 3rd of January..

I think I might need to pack some food, just in case the nearby restraint are closed....

Thanks
by YJ (guest)  

Re: New year shop availability 2023/12/19 18:03
If you could name specific shops you'd like to visit, perhaps someone could check its official website to see if it's opened. It's difficult for us to search and list all the shops and restaurants that would be opened.

And I'm not sure what you mean by packing food. Would it be difficult for you to deal with whatever you can get locally? Are you traveling with picky toddlers? Do you have diet restrictions? Are you not staying at an inn that provides breakfast and dinner?

Help us help you.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: New year shop availability 2023/12/19 18:37
A similar question was asked some time ago, which you might find helpful https://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+178984

In Ginzan Onsen specifically, there are very few restaurants to begin with. If you did not book a hotel with half-board or if you are doing a day trip, I would highly recommend making a reservation in advance, even if it wasn't during the New Year holidays.
by Mellye rate this post as useful

Re: New year shop availability 2023/12/19 23:42
Ginzan onsen is tiny. As a PP said there are hardly any restaurants. Probably nothing for dinner. So make sure you reserve dinner in the place you are staying
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread