Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Collecting train tickets after booking online 2023/12/26 20:40
Hi,

I will be buying the SAPHIR Odoriko train tickets (basic) + reservation (Green Car) online at JR East, without any Pass. Itfs the 11:04am from Yokohama to Ito.

Once I purchase it online - I was told by a friend that when he booked his Shinkansen via JR West, they sent an email with an QR Code to be scanned at the ticket gate. All he had to do on the day and time of travel was simply scan the QR Code at the ticket gate and out popped the ticket (which also had his reserved seat).

I am wondering if this is the same procedure for JR East and the ODORIKO ticket/reservation purchase.

Questions:
1) Can I collect my online purchased Odoriko tickets at the Yokohama station ticket machines a day before the travel date? Any advice on the steps on how to do that at the machine?

2) On the day of travel to Ito, I will be coming from Sakuragicho. I will use the Welcome Suica Card from Sakuragicho to Yokohama.

a) Do I need to get out of the ticket gate when I arrive at Yokohama. Then enter a separate ticket gate to take the Odoriko ?

Thanks in advance.
by traveljet  

Re: Collecting train tickets after booking online 2023/12/29 08:10
Shinkansen operates a bit differently to express trains.
out popped the ticket No, that was not his ticket. It was a seating assignment.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Collecting train tickets after booking online 2023/12/29 19:16
Apparently that ticket that popped up at the ticket gate served as both a ticket and reserved seat. So all he needed to do was just board the Shinkansen with that.
by traveljet rate this post as useful

reply to this thread