Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Tokyo wagyu yakiniku buffet recommendations 2023/12/29 23:00
Greetings. We are planning to spend a week in Tokyo, based in Chiyoda. We have all already had wagyu including in charcoal yakiniku before. This time we would like to try a wagyu yakiniku tabehoudai where you take your own meat and grill it at the table. Does anyone know any reasonably priced places, around 8,000-12,000yen a head is our budget, lunch or dinner is fine.

-Preferably where you take your own meat, rather than being served the raw meat.
-Preferably charcoal fire, not open gas flame.
-Preferabbly walk-in friendly and no reservations required.

We will be going in April or May, so since the peak Sakura tourist season would be over, hopefully it will be less crowded and I am hoping we will not need to make reservations, as from past experiences, plans can change and without speaking much Japanese it is very difficult to make changes.

I am looking for a place where you take your own meat and grill it yourself, there is minimal need to interact with the staff, worry about slow service eating into your time limit, or staff judging you for eating too much.
I really like the almost entirely self service concept of Kanda in Sapporo but I am not going to Sapporo this time, and also that is primarily a seafood place that also happens to have wagyu.

Googled and found Nikuya Yokocho in Akihabara and Shibuya, but I believe it is not exactly take your own, there is a display and the staff takes it for you. Also it is a gas fire and not charcoal.

Also found Yakinikukingu Asakusa but it is also gas fire and the meat is brought to you.

If no such place exists in Tokyo that is entirely take-your-own and charcoal, I am also open to other good recommendations for wagyu tabehoudai, preferably popular among English-speakers.

Thanks!
by TP (guest)  

Re: Tokyo wagyu yakiniku buffet recommendations 2023/12/30 18:14
Typo: The shop in Sapporo is called Nanda. Wanted something similar in Tokyo but just wagyu and not seafood, and better if charcoal.
by TP (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo wagyu yakiniku buffet recommendations 2023/12/30 23:41
Helloooo

When you say gtake your own meath do you mean bringing it from outside that youfve bought prior to going to the restaurant or are you looking for self-serve?
by mycatslovewagyu rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo wagyu yakiniku buffet recommendations 2023/12/31 00:50
Hi, I mean buffet style where the restaurant provides the meat on a counter and you take the meat presumably with a provided pair of tongs, and bring it back to your own table to grill. Much like in an ordinary buffet most if not all the food are in trays and you take what you want and bring it back to your table.
However, so far I have only found the Nanda restaurant in Sapporo seems to do that for yakiniku, and I am not going to Sapporo this trip.
The yakiniku buffets in Tokyo I have found so far seem to provide the meat on request, that is, you need to ask a staff member every time you want more meat.
I would prefer if everything was self-service.

Re: Tokyo wagyu yakiniku buffet recommendations 2023/12/31 02:21
Thank you for clarifying.

I tried to do a google search in English and Japanese but I couldnft find what youfre looking for.

As a side note I have noticed that yakiniku places that offer all you can eat have reduced the portion sizes every time you order but itfs still gall you can eath and since youfre after wagyu and that price range I think itfll be almost impossible to find. With inflation and rising costs here it seems that most places do an gorder systemh where you order every time.

The only thing Ifve seen which is self service is shabu shabu and that wasnft wagyu.

Hopefully somebody else can find something but yeh.

Have you tried searching on Tabelog or Hot Pepper Gourmet?
by mycatslovewagyu rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo wagyu yakiniku buffet recommendations 2023/12/31 12:29
@mycatslovewagyu
The reasons you have described are exactly why I avoid ala-carte buffets.
Indeed, such issues are often highlighted in internet reviews about bad buffet places.
I have been to several "all you can eat" places in my home country that as you described, bring the ordered and typically higher-end food out at a trickle hoping you will fill up on the self-service re-heated frozen food while waiting.
To me, a place is not trully "all you can eat" unless it is really completely take-your-own.
If we am paying $100 per person for an all you can eat place, we want to make a good memory in Japan, and don't want to essentially be cheated or judged by bad service staff.
by tp (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo wagyu yakiniku buffet recommendations 2024/1/1 20:50
Nikuya Yokocho.
You don't have to wait for service staff to order. You go to the display case and order what you want when you want.
There is this man that does YouTube videos. His channel is Grif's food and Travel. He has a video on this place called Best all you can eat A5 Wagyu beef bbq buffet. You can watch it and see if this is something that you would like.
by lilien rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo wagyu yakiniku buffet recommendations 2024/1/11 11:37
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo wagyu yakiniku buffet recommendations 2024/1/11 11:51

Re: Tokyo wagyu yakiniku buffet recommendations 2024/1/14 00:33

Re: Tokyo wagyu yakiniku buffet recommendations 2024/1/15 19:02
I looked up Rokkasen but it is ala-carte, you have to order each time you want more.
Nikuya Yokocho is a lot more promising, but still not the entirely self-service experience I'd like.

reply to this thread