Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Attendance Conflicts/Immigration Lawyer? 2024/1/5 07:31
I attended language school in 2019 for a year. Towards the end of the year, there was a family issue and I needed to return home. I notified the school and left the country within a month.

Fast forward to 2024. I'd like to attend language school for another year. I went to reapply and my school told me that because my attendance was 61%, I won't be approved.

I imagine that this is some kind of error as I worked to ensure my attendance was over the requirement and I'm guessing that this month before leaving was counted against me.

Questions:
1. Is this limited to just this language school? Or will this impact my ability to go to a Japanese college or senmongakkou?

2. Is this permanent? In other words, if I wanted to go to language school in 2054, I would be rejected because of this error? That doesn't seem to make sense.

3. Is hiring a Japanese attorney worth it in this case and is there anything I can about this?
by shirimetsuretsu (guest)  

Re: Attendance Conflicts/Immigration Lawyer? 2024/1/7 00:57
61% attendance in class
Why?What is the reason behind It??
by Meritage (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Attendance Conflicts/Immigration Lawyer? 2024/1/7 11:26
Since you had a valid reason (family situation), that should not be counted against you.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Attendance Conflicts/Immigration Lawyer? 2024/1/7 12:43
it just means that the school decides you are an unfavorable student. it is the decision of the school. but, they have been requested to report their student's attendances to immigration ( I don't know when that system started.).
what I can point out is that:
when you apply student visa for language school, immigration will know your previous immigration record of the student status. immigration may ask to the previous school for your attendance or other information. when the school says something negative about you, immigration may decline your new application, because your new application is in the same stage (language school).
(in general, language schools are considered as the major suppliers of overstayers and illegal foreign workers. immigration is now categorizing language schools into the two groups, good and bad. schools don't want to have low attendance students.)
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread