Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Advice on package from Japan 2024/1/6 16:53
Hello all! I need some advice in figuring out what happened to a package I sent myself from Japan on November 17th. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any updates since then.

JP post office stated that my package might arrive on January 2024. But I am unsure if that means there won't be any updates until gout for deliveryh status.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

==============================

Tracking number: XXXXXXXXXX
Courier name: Japan Post
Shipment status: In transit
Courier service type: Parcel

2023-11-18 14:50, Dispatch from outward office of exchange, In transit - Kanagawa, 219-8799
2023-11-18 14:49, Arrival at outward office of exchange, In transit - Kanagawa, 219-8799
2023-11-17 14:26, Posting/Collection, Info received - Tokyo, 104-0061

===============================
Powered by www.aftership.com/track
by Alfonso (guest)  

Re: Advice on package from Japan 2024/1/7 13:42
Not enough info given.

Which service did you you?
Where is the destination country?
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advice on package from Japan 2024/1/7 14:03
As far as I know, it indicate that it has left Japan.
Either it was sent via slower method (you do not mention via what method it was sent), or the receiving countryfs postal service has not scanned it when it reached the destination country.

I have had some parcels (not starting from Japan though) make strange gdetoursh to other countries before they reached me, so I would not give up hope.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Advice on package from Japan 2024/1/8 04:18
Thanks for your answer! Destination country is CA, United States. And I donft recall which method was used, but they warned me it could take more than a month.

Package is a box no more than 2kg.
by Alfonso (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advice on package from Japan 2024/1/8 07:06
Well you probably got one of the 1-3 month options that don't track outside Japan.

Only EMS tracks and is faster than 1 month.

Airparcel is 2-6 weeks with no tracking.

Should tell you in the tracking which shipping option was chosen.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advice on package from Japan 2024/1/8 09:24
That sounds like you chose surface (ocean freight), or another method like SAL that does not provide full end-to-end tracking.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread