Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Lake Towada - possible by day trip? 2024/1/7 19:28
Hi all, Need some advice. I am planning a trip to Aomori in Mid June.
As I am intending to keep by base to be at a hotel near Amoroi station for 4 days, I will like to know if it is easily assessbile to places of interests?

Secondly I wanted to visit Lake Towada. However, it seems the time taken to go there is quite long, only by JR bus? and bus doesn't stop at Lake Towada. How do i eventually get to Lake Towada?
Will it be too rush if i only plan for day trip to this place from Aomori station?

thank you all in advance.
by Katherine (guest)  

Re: Lake Towada - possible by day trip? 2024/1/8 07:42
you will go Aomori to shichinohe Towada eki For 860 yen by JR train,then totetsu bus to Towadako eki,130 min ,Dont take as day trip
by Kalam (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lake Towada - possible by day trip? 2024/1/8 08:25
Thank you 🙏
by Katherine (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lake Towada - possible by day trip? 2024/3/27 00:13
I think Kalam got their facts wrong. First, going from Aomori (technically, Shin-Aomori) to Shichinohe-Towada can only be done by Shinkansen/bullet train, so that leg actually costs about 3500 yen (860 yen is just the base fare). Second, those directions are for going to Towada City, not Lake Towada, which are 36 km/20 miles away.

Honestly, I would just take the JR bus from Aomori. It does go all the way to Lake Towada, but only from April through November, which might be why you couldn't find it. The current timetables are here: https://www.jrbustohoku.co.jp/route/detail.php?r=226&rc=11 (page in Japanese; click the second tab labeled "時刻表"). As a bonus, these buses are free with the Japan Rail Pass or JR East Tohoku Pass (but not the versions which include south Hokkaido).
by SpyHunter29 rate this post as useful

Re: Lake Towada - possible by day trip? 2024/3/28 12:08
Correct, there is a direct JR bus from Aomori to Lake Towada. It can be done as a day trip especially in the summer. It's quite a common day trip. The bus is the most convenient even though the ride is quite long relatively speaking. But that's how it is in Japan unless you're willing to stay single nights at every far flung place you want to visit. That was my experience so we just bit the bullet and simply kept an upper limit of 4 hours for one way travel from our base as day trips. Your choice, day trip or stay overnight.
by TME (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lake Towada - possible by day trip? 2024/3/28 16:38

Lake Towada - possible by day trip?

We visited Lake Towada the end of Oct last year. Initially, the plan was to overnight there, unfortunately the accommodations were fully booked. Hence, we decided to do a day trip. We took the earliest bus at 08:10 from Aomori station. So many people at the bus stop when we arrived, we thought we would not be able to get on the bus. Surprisingly, just minutes before 08:10, at least 5 buses arrived, they made sure no one was left behind. We got off at Ishigedo bus stop, spent good 2.5 hours hiking a long the Oirase stream, and still ample time to enjoy the Towada ko, before catching the 15:15 bus from Nenokuchi back to Aomori.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lake Towada - possible by day trip? 2024/4/7 21:13
Thank you all for your replies. Very much appreciated.
After much consideration, we feel we will rent a car for easier transportation going to lake towards and also Hirosaki park on the following day.
by Katherine (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread