Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Budget hostel for remote working in Kansai 2024/1/11 02:39
Hi All,

I'm planning to work remotely while waiting for sakura to bloom in Kansai :)) If you know any cheap accommodation, anywhere in Kansai area, let me know please. Preferably, cost around \10,000/pax, near park or nature and with good wifi connection. Thanks a bunch.
by Yukievn  

Re: Budget hostel for remote working in Kansai 2024/1/11 14:13
10,000 yen per person per night is a good budget. You donft need a budget hostel for that.
Eg I just booked a hotel with breakfast in Sakurai for Sakura season (end March for 8 nights under 70,000 yen) an other one for Kyoto to 10 days covering the full GW for I little above 80,000 yen.
So finding something at 10,000 per night in gKansaih should be not very difficult.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Budget hostel for remote working in Kansai 2024/1/11 15:29
Agreed with above. Plenty of hotels within budget that have WiFi.

Use a hotel booking website and fine one that suits your needs.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Budget hostel for remote working in Kansai 2024/1/11 21:01
Hi @LikeBike & @H,

Of course the cheaper the better :)) I actually don't want to stay in a hotel or hostel in the city (been to Osaka/Kyoto 6-7 times and always staying near main stations).

I want to learn from others' experience about special stays like a homestay, ryokan, machiya which is near nature for walking, hiking, hanami. Since I'm remote-working now so have sometime to chill. Thanks.
by Yukievn rate this post as useful

Re: Budget hostel for remote working in Kansai 2024/1/11 21:24
Apology, maybe I was not clear.

Like I used to stay in a homestay in Tohoku for \10,000/night including breakfast & dinner with a free bicycle. So every morning, I'm cycling around to the farms nearby.

I'm looking for some places like that in Kansai (countryside vibe). Thanks.
by Yukievn rate this post as useful

Re: Budget hostel for remote working in Kansai 2024/1/11 22:55
I donft have a specific hostel / homestay to suggest but two areas:

1) around Yamato Yagi, Asuka, Sakurai in Nara prefecture
Or
2) around Makino or Yogo lake in Shiga Prefecture

Both are very nice rural areas in Kansai. Great for cycling and other outdoor activities. But also well connected to Kyoto (and Osaka in case of option #1)
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread