Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Kyushu trip: rental car 2024/1/11 23:21
Dear all,

I am planning a trip in Kyushu for May and I'd like to rent a car - pick up in Fukuoka and drop off in Kagoshima.

I'm looking at different rental car agencies but whenever I use the option of different drop off location, no car is available. Is it possible at all ?

I need this information to check if it's too expensive or not. The plan afterwards is to fly to Okinawa.

Many thanks,

Jason
by Unfrozen  

Re: Kyushu trip: rental car 2024/1/12 15:27
The whole rental car game has changed since 2020. Best to contact the companies direct.

I know for example that a few only all drop off in the adjacant prefetures. eg- Fukuoka to Kumamoto, Kumamoto to Kagashima etc.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyushu trip: rental car 2024/1/12 16:43
The main thing that has changed since pre-Corona is that there is a lack of rental cars. Unlike before Corona, it happenes much more often these days that cars are sold out.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kyushu trip: rental car 2024/1/12 19:08
I can confirm that I also found it a bit more difficult getting cheap car rental in the previous summer.

I actually had to book either heaps in advance of closer to the date to get prices similar to those found before covid. The cars were often also quite old and completed many km's compared to pre-covid.

I also agree that going directly to the car rental companies websites is often best - but having two different locations which are so far from one another will significantly add to the cost.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Kyushu trip: rental car 2024/1/12 21:08
Thank you very much for all your answers!

It looks like it would be easier to pick up and drop off from the same location. Maybe we'll do this.
by Unfrozen rate this post as useful

Re: Kyushu trip: rental car 2024/1/12 21:09
Just another question, when you are talking about cheap prices, what were the rates to expect for a week (small car) ?
by Unfrozen rate this post as useful

reply to this thread