Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Rebun hiking itinerary 2024/1/14 19:00
Hi
I'm planning a visit to Rebun and Rishiri this June. My current plan is I will take a ferry from Wakkanai to Rebun, stay 4 nights in Rebun then take a ferry to Rishiri, do some sightseeing by bus, stay a night, visit Ramen Miraku for lunch the following day then take a flight to Sapporo.

If I want to do all hiking courses in Rebun, would it be possible within 4 days? What would be the perfect itinerary? Also if I stay at a hotel near the port, would it be possible to finish the 8-hour course and Cape Sukoton course in the same day then take a bus back to the hotel? If not, then maybe I need to find hotel around the northern part of the island for the night after I do the 8-hour course, then do the Sukoton course in the following morning?

Also, I only have a half day for Rishiri sightseeing. Would that be enough time for island's main attraction?

Thanks for so much for your kind help <3
by Henbi (guest)  

Re: Rebun hiking itinerary 2024/1/15 16:45
I visited Rebun and Rishiri Islands in November 2019 and June would be a great time to go as (hopefully) it won't be as windy and cloudy. Hope you get to see flora and fauna too.

The bus at Rebun is infrequent, and I would pack snacks and drinks from the port or from Wakkanai. Rebun is a pretty big island, and I would time the hike to the bus ride coming back to the port. From my recollection there are only a few accommodations on the north side of the island, so call them if they can accommodate you. If not, the port will have to be the home base. Four days might be a lot, but I am only a casual hiker.

Rishiri Island is a must visit, but again the bus is not too frequent. There are numerous sightseeing locations along the way and is a bigger island than Rebun. I have been to Ramen Miraku, and it is AMAZING. Not even locals know much about the ramen shop. Renting a car is expensive but that's what I did, so if you want to only use a bus, I would actually stay in Rishiri Island overnight on its west side. Renting a car allows you to see everything in one day.

Sorry for being all over the place, but if you have a draft itinerary I can help out more.
by Villagemayor rate this post as useful

Re: Rebun hiking itinerary 2024/1/15 17:46
You can buy soya bus 1 day pass = 2000 yen
Valid rishiri ,rebun island unlimited time travel
For +500 yen,u can bring your bicycle to bus
by Kalam (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Rebun hiking itinerary 2024/1/16 15:58
When you visit rebun for hiking, then you must consider visit wakkanai ,and you can buy wakkanai soya bus 1 day pass =3000 yen
by Jiko (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Rebun hiking itinerary 2024/1/18 14:45
I only have a half day for Rishiri sightseeing

I had a similar situation when I visited the island a few years ago.  Waiting for a local bus was not an option  due to the infrequent schedule; joining a tour could be a good option, but I missed  the only tour departing in the morning; renting a car was rather expensive and would be a waste of time not knowing what to see.The solution was recommended by the  tourist information center, a few hours of chartered taxi for 10000 yens. I would highly recommend this service, We were  taken to main tourist attractions, and even to local only known places as a bonus.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread