Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Hakone Ryoken Recommendations 2024/1/15 00:27
Im hoping to have a somewhat luxurious ryoken with onsen experience in Hakone, but there are a couple of condition's that are limiting finding a ryoken thatfs a good fit.

Does anyone have recommendations for a ryoken in Hakone that will allow solo travelers to book and that also offers slight meal adjustments/options. I donft like fish/seafood, so Ifm looking for a non-seafood or vegetarian option.

My budget is up to $400/night and Ifll be staying in Hakone in November.

(I am also looking into hotels without meal plans + visit to a public onsen as an alternative option.)

by Melanie (guest)  

Re: Hakone Ryoken Recommendations 2024/1/15 08:03
luxurious ryoken with onsen experience in Hakone . . . My budget is up to $400/night
I have recently been looking at and have booked a Hakone ryokan for a guest for later in the year.
US$400 is only 58,000 yen currently. The places I was looking at were around the 90,000 yen mark, so you might want to lift your budget. Hakone is over-priced for what you get IMO.
Some suggestions (check the reviews, they all have good ones, but also some pointing out some dated facilities in places):
- Hakone Kowakien Mikawaya Ryokan
- Matsuzakaya Honten (but isolated)
- Kijitei Hoeiso (it didn't measure up, but my client thought it might be ok)
- Senkei Annex Yamagaso (a cheaper option from memory)
- also check Fujiya, not a ryokan per se, but a place with history.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Ryoken Recommendations 2024/1/15 11:09
Thanks @JapanCustomTours for your response! Ifll check out the places you mentioned.

Ifm most interested in finding recommendations for places that will book single travelers and can provide non-seafood meals. I provided the $400 budget to indicate that Ifm not looking at the most premium ryokans, but if I can find places that can meet my needs, I do have some flexibility with the budget.
by Melanie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Ryoken Recommendations 2024/1/15 11:51
I would get in touch with Lalaca at Gora (near the cablecar) to see what they can do regarding the meals. Their prices are about in that range, nice rooms and great facilities in a very pleasant modern ryokan. We stayed 3 nights several years ago and they were fantastic with food variety, really lovely people.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread