Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Sumo Tickets question 2024/1/17 02:18
I am considering purchasing tickets from BuySumoTickets site, for the May sumo tournament . Staying in airbnb, so considering international delivery to US. I'm wondering what the experience was for anyone who has purchased from BST before with international delivery to US?
by hwnat2d  

Re: Sumo Tickets question 2024/1/24 23:01
Not really sure you need this hassle. On most days of the Sumo Tournaments, particularly on weekdays, you can just walk up to the ticket office and purchase. If you want a specific box in a specific location yeah you might want to buy ahead of time. I don't have any experience purchasing by mail as I have gone to the ticket office to buy in the past. Sorry. S
by USC4Ever rate this post as useful

Re: Sumo Tickets question 2024/1/25 07:27
@USC4Ever - obviously you don't know that the sumo is very popular and sells out most days. When Hakuho was still active, every tournament would sell out every day, usually within a few minutes.
OP - depending how early you are travelling, have you looked at getting them sent to your home address?
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Sumo Tickets question 2024/2/21 17:16
I have just secured a ticket to the Osaka sumo tournament (March) using BuySumoTickets. I ordered a couple of days after the pre-orders opened in October. I have found the entire process very convenient and professional, and would highly recommend using them. They have been super responsive to emails and explain everything very clearly. Can't imagine it could be any easier, and wouldn't try doing it myself. As another poster mentioned, the tickets do sell out very fast. Osaka was sold out really quickly. I'm getting the ticket delivered to my hotel in Osaka, as I only arrive in Japan the day before I attend. Can't comment on international postage. Good luck, I hope you get to experience the sumo.
by SMacNZ rate this post as useful

Re: Sumo Tickets question 2024/2/22 10:48
Just for reference, within two hours of the tickets going on sale for Osaka the only seats left were a few "C" grade and "D" grade seats on a couple of days. Even those bad seats were snapped up shortly after that.
I managed to get the five tickets I needed for a weekday (within the first 30 minutes), but in the time it took to buy, two higher grades had already sold-out, and we are sitting as a group of two and a group of three on opposite sides of the arena.
For May, I need tickets for two different days, but will be travelling almost constantly (but will be able to have the tickets sent to my house and collect the day before the first date), so BuySumoTickets was my preferred choice. I've been a satisfied customer of Jeff and BST since 2016.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread