Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Internship Agreement 2024/1/22 19:50
I'm planning to travel to Japan for a 1 year paid internship (designated activities visa) in March, my company is processing my documents atm and they've hired a visa scrivener as well. I've worked for the same company as an unpaid intern for 3 months last year, and they wanted to hire me right after, since I don't have a degree yet, and I'm in engineering, there's no way I can go back without graduating, so my company decided to take me in as a paid intern this time. I didn't need a CoE last time, I didn't have any paperwork with my university, I just left and came back.

As of now, all my documents are in place, and everything is good with the credit requirements/internship period etc. However, my university has never sent anyone abroad for an internship, and they are quite hesitant about the agreement, it already took me months to convince them to give me the other documents, and I don't have lots of time to get them to sign the agreement.

I'd like to know if the agreement has to be signed between me and my company, or between my company and the university. I did see sources online where they said that the agreement is between the school and the company, but I had a meeting with my scrivener and his translator last week, and I was told that the agreement is between me and the company. I am quite confused because most of the sources are translated from Japanese to English, and so was the meeting, so the translations may not be super accurate and/or I might have a misconception. If the agreement is between me and my company, there is no problem, but if the university is involved, it might get messy for me...

Let me know what the agreement looked like for you, thank you! :)
by Enya (guest)  

Re: Internship Agreement 2024/1/22 21:35
Are you a student of university?
Is your university Located in japan or your home country?however my home university has exchange agreement with japanese unive rsity.so i went japan as an exchange student
by Kalam (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Internship Agreement 2024/1/22 22:40
What country are you from?
In France, where I live, the contract has to be signed by the company, the intern and the university (all three of them). You need to get the agreement from your university, signed. Otherwise, if they go back on their word and don't recognize your internship anymore, they could ask you to do another internship to complete your degree.
by Mellye rate this post as useful

Re: Internship Agreement 2024/1/23 09:44
it seems that a new path that non-degree holders work non-illegally in Japan.
how different from part-time (or full-time) working ?

part-time working is categorized in one of workings. but internship is probably categorized in training. therefore, everything is uncertain and vague.

I think it is better for you to focus to graduate your university at first.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread