Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Japan COE applying 2 times 2024/1/28 02:11
I already received one COE for Engineering category from Japan before 30 days , now I donft want to Join the company since so I am not processed for visa process.

Now another employer from Japan is ready to sponsor for new visa for that can I process for new COE application since I am not used the first one.
by Gan (guest)  

Re: Japan COE applying 2 times 2024/1/28 16:41
I am not a lawyer, but as far as I know:

Legal issue: if you have two CoE applications going on at the same time, both applications will be rejected - simply because you cannot be working at two employers at the same time, which means you have had no intention to fulfill your duties under the first one. So I assume the same would apply to holding one valid CoE already AND applying for another one for an overlapping period.

Procedural issue: once you decide you are not going to work for the first employer, you will need to let the employer know of your intention, so that the company can void the work contract and the sponsorship (and probably inform immigration to cancel the CoE).

Work ethic issue: that would be like in your country you agree to work for Company A, they agree to take you in, you sign the contract, they get your desk and everything ready, and you suddenly decide to go for Company B. This can discourage Company A (and also other companies) from hiring non-Japanese people.

I would contact the first employer and let them know that you decided not to work for them, apologize, and either ask them to withdraw the sponsorship (they will contact the immigration authorities to let them know that you backed out) so that the immigration authorities can void the CoE, or at least to wait it out until the CoE expires (I forgot how long an already-issued CoE is valid - maybe three months?), then apply for a new one with the new employer. In any case, make sure that the first CoE is not valid when you apply for a new one.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Japan COE applying 2 times 2024/1/28 17:07
Thank you for your reply and information.

I already informed to the company that I will not join their organisation & shared my apologies with the company HR,
they are also acknowledged the same,
Now that COE validity is Upto March 24th.

But with the 1st company COE I am not processed my Visa , I will not do that , in the mean while I will ask the employer to cancel my COE also
by Gan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan COE applying 2 times 2024/1/28 17:56
Get the first one cancelled. Company should do it.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan COE applying 2 times 2024/1/28 17:59
I will process for COE cancellation
by Gan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan COE applying 2 times 2024/1/28 19:21
Yes, it is advisable to have it cancelled for sure.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread