Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

School to school transfer 2024/2/12 15:38
I'm currently researching schools in Japan. I had previously been enrolled in an undergrad program at a college in my home country the Philippines. Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances, I had to stop. I was wondering if it was possible to transfer from my university in the Philippines to one in Japan?
by dre (guest)  

Re: School to school transfer 2024/2/13 05:09
"I was wondering if it was possible to transfer from my university in the Philippines to one in Japan?"

If you mean you want to transfer your admission status, i.e. having a school in Japan accept you as a student simply because you used to attend a university in the Philippines, then no, that will not be possible.

If you mean you want to apply to attend a university in Japan, and if you are accepted you then want to transfer the units for the classes you completed at university in the Philippines so that you won't have to take those classes in Japan, that will probably depend on the specific university you attended in the Philippines, the specific university you want to attend in Japan, and the specific classes you took. Because of that, no one can give you an answer for sure except for the school you wish to attend in Japan, so you'll have to ask them.

I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you, though. Though transferring from one university to another before graduating is common in many countries, it's not common in Japan, and it's likely that most Japanese universities will want you to take all of the required classes within their system to be eligible for graduation.
by . . . . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: School to school transfer 2024/2/13 20:17
You can come japan as an exchange student
Or as a regular student
Or as a research student
Or as a senmon gakko/ professional training college student
by Ritz (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: School to school transfer 2024/2/13 21:50
previously been enrolled in an undergrad program ... I had to stop.

so basically you already quit university?
what is there to transfer since you are not a student of university anymore?
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread